What to do with my Frog Meteor F. IV

MigModeller

46 minutes ago, MigModeller said:

Hi all

Just wondering if I can convert the Frog kit with extra parts from Matchbox/Xtrakit Meteor NF 11,12, 13?

Any links to conversion articles welcome

Cheers

M.M.

Convert it to what? you must have something in mind.

Selwyn

4 hours ago, MigModeller said:

Hi all

Just wondering if I can convert the Frog kit with extra parts from Matchbox/Xtrakit Meteor NF 11,12, 13?

Cheers

M.M.

Many moons ago, pre Matchbox NF, I converted mine to an NF.14 using Airmodel bits but trust me, you do not want to go there. And I got the nose length wrong thanks to all the erroneous publications of the time.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, MigModeller said:

Hi all

Cheers

M.M.

Using the bits left over you can't easily convert to any NF variant or  F8  or T7  as the fuselage was longer on these, and it would mean a lot of work. 

Aside from these extra kit  parts you could maybe  build the sole PR5 (which crashed on its maiden flight!) with the addition of a recce nose and  some fuselage camera windows,  or backdate it to a late F3 by modifying the jetpipes?  

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You could always build it down in the Frog group build. @JOCKNEY would be happy to see it I'm sure.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/663-frog-squad-gb/

Dennis

Yes you would be very welcome to join the Frog Squad GB, so stop pontificating and start building  😉

• Like 1