This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

McNab

I want to buy white letters and numbers

Hi everyone 

l have been looking for white capital letters and numbers in varying sizes for a few WWI scratch build projects l have in mind. 

I have looked until blue blue in face, but no luck so far. I work in 1:32 and 1/35 scale.

please please help if you can!

Thanks in advance 

Andrew

I imagine that most of what you're talking about would have been hand painted and not necessarily a standard font.

You could either google white Letraset (eg https://www.mayfairstationers.co.uk/office-supplies/letraset-dry-transfers/letraset-white.html) or have your own decals made. Different fonts and sizes of Letraset would will probably be expensive.

Nick

Thanks guys! I looked at Hannants but couldn’t find anything previously... it looks like they’re perfect for the job 😊

On 6/11/2019 at 3:52 PM, Nick Belbin said:

I imagine that most of what you're talking about would have been hand painted and not necessarily a standard font.

You could either google white Letraset (eg https://www.mayfairstationers.co.uk/office-supplies/letraset-dry-transfers/letraset-white.html) or have your own decals made. Different fonts and sizes of Letraset would will probably be expensive.

Nick

Hi Nick, the font, or not the font... that is the question 😊 l agree that much could have been hand painted and it isn’t unusual to see vehicles marked up in chalk or similar. So much is left to speculation - let us not get started on colours!! 😆 on my mind l have ended up just doing what looks right and what pleases me (me, me, it’s all about me) 

l suppose one could cut masks if one were able, but this one ‘ere isn’t! Far beyond my skills atm. But thank you for the letraset idea l may well use it in the future.

cheers

Andrew