1/35 Tamiya Panther G Type Late

Here's my version of the 1/35 Tamiya Panther G (late). I don't normally build armour.... I'm usually an aircraft builder ....however during a hiatus with my recent 1/72 Concorde build I kept seeing this kit on the shelf and have always liked the shape of the Panther so decided to go for a quick build.

It's OOB except for photo etched grilles and only took a short time to build - the fit was excellent. 

I know I haven't got the track sag quite right - all suggestions on how to do that with the kit tracks gratefully received  - but it was great fun to build, paint and weather....so much so I've now bought a Tiger as well! I think I've just been converted to armour as well as aircraft!

Thanks for looking!

20181220_105852

20181220_105935

20181220_105906

20181220_105839

20181220_105812

20181220_105801

• Like 30

On 11/06/2019 at 06:50, t15dja said:

I know I haven't got the track sag quite right - all suggestions on how to do that with the kit tracks gratefully received 

Take a look at some photos of Panthers and note which set of road wheels that the tracks touch. Then dab some super glue onto the top of the wheels and press the tracks down onto them. You can use something like pieces of wood of a suitable size to hold the track in place until the glue sets.

HTH's

John.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

Very nice! As an aircraft builder I'm not sure how to weather something like this? I've seen the kit around and fancy building an Ardennes Panther?

Thanks!

As far as the weathering, I  just used my standard Flory washes and tried to add streaking effects to the vertical surfaces as necessary.

57 minutes ago, t15dja said:

Thanks!

As far as the weathering, I  just used my standard Flory washes and tried to add streaking effects to the vertical surfaces as necessary.

Flory washes? I've used those on aircraft, but never on AFVs....  

16 minutes ago, Whitewolf said:

Flory washes? I've used those on aircraft, but never on AFVs....  

Yep.....I've even used them on ships as well...they are quite versatile.