Bf 109 G-6 - 9./JG 54 - Pictures needed

Marco

Hi!

I´m looking for references for a G-6 flown by Fritz Ungar. I´ve looked through my books and got nothing.

It´s Yellow 6 from JG54. The only picture I have is in the EagleCals instructions:

spacer.png

EagleCals make excellent decals but their profiles are no good:

spacer.png

Thank you!!

• Thanks 1

asisbiz has thisMesserschmitt-Bf-109G6R3-9.JG54-(Y6+I)-F

Messerschmitt Bf 109G6R3 9.JG54 (Y6+I) Friedrich Ungar WNr 440180 sd 56FG P-47s near Homfeld 6th Mar 1944

not the same plane as above, note the '6' is a different shape, so.... 

4 hours ago, Marco said:

EagleCals make excellent decals but their profiles are no good:

the profile looks to be a good match to the reference photo, I've seen a lot worse.   What's wrong with it?

This might winkle out some of the more knowledgeable Luftwaffe buffs too.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

asisbiz has thisMesserschmitt-Bf-109G6R3-9.JG54-(Y6+I)-F

not the same plane as above, note the '6' is a different shape, so.... 

the profile looks to be a good match to the reference photo, I've seen a lot worse.   What's wrong with it?

This might winkle out some of the more knowledgeable Luftwaffe buffs too.

Thank you!

I saw that crashed 109 picture but the Yellow Six is much lower than the photo with the pilot sitting in the cockpit. The mottling looks very different too.

The profile really isn´t that bad but I like using pictures specially when I get to see the other side of the plane.

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

wrong with it?

They don't provide the other side of the profile, leaving the user on a guessing game when trying to mottle the other half of the aircraft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sturmovik said:

They don't provide the other side of the profile, leaving the user on a guessing game when trying to mottle the other half of the aircraft.

well.... if that is the criteria... then, well... there are not many schemes that are that well documented.

One additional guesstimate is what plant built the aircraft, and what the typical scheme for that plant was

see here

http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.com/2013/10/chosing-correct-wingpattern-for-bf109g-6.html

and then find other examples.  @Jerry Crandall  is a member, and maybe know more.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

One additional guesstimate is what plant built the aircraft, and what the typical scheme for that plant was

see here

http://theprofilepaintshop.blogspot.com/2013/10/chosing-correct-wingpattern-for-bf109g-6.html

and then find other examples.  @Jerry Crandall  is a member, and maybe know more.  

It looks like a WNF ... thanks for the link!

• Like 1