Sea King HC4 flotation bottles

Daedalus72

Hi guys,

I am converting the Hasegawa Sea King into a HC 4 in the initial delivery fit using the Flightpath detail set. Much of this is not applicable but the floatation bottles and flot cans are included.

All the photos I have found seem to show the bottles as spherical in shape similar to the Wessex type, and contained within a bracket below the stub wing.

The items in the Flightpath  set are oval in shape and much bigger, and the instructions seen to indicate fitting them below the supplied etched bracket.

Are these bigger bottles a later upgrade or incorrect?

Thanks

I took lots of photos of the HC4 in the FAA museum yesterday and found this one. I think it must be where the flotation cans fit (when fitted), but that example didn't seem to have them on? @Ex-FAAWAFU will know whether that is the actual attachment point. I did wonder at the time what it might be for. Probably doesn't help you but if you would like to see all the pictures for reference @Daedalus72, I can get them on dropbox and give you access? Should add the health warning applicable to all aircraft exhibits in museums ........ may not be as in service!

20190609_133505 20190609_133104

Terry

The flot bottles are a kinder egg shape and a little bigger than wessex items and just different anyway but I digress.

The flot cans are as in wafu's picture and attached with pit pin where Terry has pictured.

Normally stayed fitted unless some mong didn't push the cans home then fitted the pin so that they weren't secured...then they fell iff6🤔🤣

Thanks, but it is the bottles (cool gas generators?) that inflate the bags that have me confused. AFAIK, the cans were the same as the Wessex.

The bottles are fitted to the rear of the stub wing and can't be seen from the front, and I have no clear photos of the mounting bracket.

Thanks again