Hello all

David Sandry

Hi, 

I've returned to building models recently after a devistating 9 months and a need to find a calm distraction to fill some time. 

I used to build models (mostly cars) in my teenage years and haven't built anything for about 20 years. 

I'll post my partly completed kitt (knight rider) shortly that I had never finished and has sat in the attic for so long! 

Looking forward to reading the guidance threads as well to get some tips on relearning/improving my old skills (I thought they were good, but not a patch on what I've seen here so far). 

Cheers Dave 

• Like 1

Greetings from Western Canada and welcome back to the hobby. This is a great place and is filled with many folk who are always ready to answer questions. After many years of lurking about the on-line modeling forums, especially this one, I, too have started building again, albeit quite slowly.

Chris

Cheers guys.  Been reading the paint posts as my technique was dip brush in humbrol enamel paint pot (or use of lid first) and slap on the plastic.... Room for improvement..... I've bought thinners and mixing tray new aray of paint brushes and weathering dust!  Time to start doing thing properly!! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, David Sandry said:

my technique was dip brush in humbrol enamel paint pot (or use of lid first) and slap on the plastic....

Gidday David, you mean there's another way? 😀 That's how I started decades ago. I'm still doing it that way. Mind you, my painting results can be a bit rough sometimes, particularly when my camera takes close-ups.

Anyway, welcome aboard and I hope the hobby helps you. Regards, Jeff.