This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hi Folks!

Here is my GB entry, Revell's 1/32 Spitfire Mk IXC which i will be doing with AM decals for Pierre Closterman's aircraft, while he was in 602 (City of Glasgow) squadron in June/July 1944.

I have got some masks for the canopy, Etch belts for the seat, but apart from that it will be OOTB.

I've been looking for a good reason to build this kit for a while, and this GB looks to be the prefect excuse. I chose the markings as Closterman is French, and it seems apt that there is a French connection with the D-Day Landings, also 602 Squadron as they were based at Drem in East Lothian close to where i used to live. 

At the moment i am reading a book about the Squadron "Lions Rampant - the story of 602 Squadron" which inspired the title for my thread.

TFL CHEERS, Greg

48029409017_a2015b1c11_z.jpg

48029305706_f576c0e39c_z.jpg

Great subject, big aircraft too, will enjoy watching

Hi Greg. I'm looking forward to seeing your build in progress. Not made a 1/32 aircraft yet so I will keen to see yours being built. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Posted (edited)
On 6/9/2019 at 6:01 PM, Valkyrie said:

Great subject, big aircraft too, will enjoy watching

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. I'm looking forward to seeing your build in progress. Not made a 1/32 aircraft yet so I will keen to see yours being built. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Valkyrie & Stix 👍

following my latest build in 1/72 I'm looking forward to a build with bigger parts to give my eyes a rest 😵

Cheers Greg 

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Spelling

Good choice Greg , You'll be very pleased to hear those canopy  paint masks you've got are the dogs, I've just used some on a fly 32nd hurricane, they fitted absolutely perfectly, nice kit the mk9, bargain priced aswell,