The Tiger's Tail....

In a similar fashion to my avatar, i find my self bringing up the rear (in 00) but without Dick Dasterdly!

I was going to title my thread "The coo's tail" as they say in Scotland, meaning i am late to the party...!

Anyway, here is my entry to the GB - Zvezda's Tiger 1, which has languished in the stash a while. I got it at the time because it was a bargain at less than £20 inc. post.

To supplement my build and because i like crew figures in armor models i got Tamiya's most recent set of tank figures, which look to be pretty good in the box.

Here are the parts, and theres lots of them!!

48029409182_9ef20f9e89_z.jpg

48029342353_68b26858a5_z.jpg

48029409087_5d942f832c_z.jpg

i will need to get my skates on with this one as i am in two other current GB's,

TFL

Greg

• Like 4

Welcome Greg better late than never, you've got some nice bits looking forward to your build.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Great to see you here with a Tiger build! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Oh, another Zvezda Tiger!

It is a nice kit.  You may find the plastic a bit soft, so take care when cutting or cleaning up - otherwise, I don't think you'll find any nasty surprises.

Thanks chaps 😀

Looking forward to getting started shortly.

Cheers Greg🍺

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update 1, and not before time!

Unusually for a tank kit Zvezda starts with the turret instaed of the running gear. They provide quite a lot of internal detail for this area, and it has taken me a while to assemble it all. Theres still a bit of detail painting to be done but by and large it just needs a couple more bits n bobs before i button it up.

I have also assembled the hull interior, and started the painting of all those wheels....i'd forgotten just how many wheels these tanks had till i looked at the sprues. Not my favourite bit on an armour build.

Anyway that me underway, i hope to make more progress soon.

TFL Cheers, Greg

48113096706_62e23eeda7_z.jpg

48113138643_67919109ac_z.jpg

48113096666_5fb82f1964_z.jpg

48113197952_29f59daf1a_z.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Looks like you are making progress there Greg.

Umm, I didn't bother with the beam behind the driver's position - that may interfere with the fit of the hull top, and (IMO) isn't needed.

Thanks Robert,

I agree about the beam but I just put it in just in case there was.some reason it may be needed at a later stage of the construction.

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

Nice start Greg, perhaps it's a zvezdas plan to soften you up to prepare you for all those road wheels.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Nice start Greg, perhaps it's a zvezdas plan to soften you up to prepare you for all those road wheels.

Thanks Ozzy 👍

It's the link and length tracks that I am dreading 😬

• Like 2

Great to see your project underway Greg and the inside of the turret looks great. With tracks and road wheels I find it best to do a few at a time rather than trying to get them all done in one sitting.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Great to see your project underway Greg and the inside of the turret looks great. With tracks and road wheels I find it best to do a few at a time rather than trying to get them all done in one sitting.

Kind regards,

Stix

Good advice Stix 😀

So far I have painted one side of the wheels. After that I left the Tiger to progress one of my Frog builds. I am back in to the Tiger again, and an enjoying it.

all the  best Greg 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Awwwww😣

much apologies I have totally lost track of time. I am nowhere near finishing my Tiger 😞 despite having made more progress.

well don ed to all that have finished or that got further than me!

cheers Greg 

Edited by GREG DESTEC
X
  • Sad 4

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Sorry to hear you aren’t going to get it finished in time but, hopefully, you’ll get chance to finish it at some point and post some progress and final photos in your build thread.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

The time has just flown by, as Stix said hopefully you'll get time to finish your build and will look forward to seeing the updates.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The time has just flown by, as Stix said hopefully you'll get time to finish your build and will look forward to seeing the updates.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Sorry to hear you aren’t going to get it finished in time but, hopefully, you’ll get chance to finish it at some point and post some progress and final photos in your build thread.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks chaps 😀

I could carry on with it in the wip section of the armour part of the forum as I am getting back into it.

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 2

Hello Folks!

I have made some progress on this one so its time for a quick update.....

I am at the stage of starting to assemble the tracks, which are a combination of length and link, which will be new to me having only built the rubber band type before.

A lot of the wheel assembly has been completed but are only roughly painted at present. Painting the rubber road wheels is time consuming!

I am back enjoying this kit and looking forward to sharing more progress with you.

TFL Greg

48610752033_503cf0327f_z.jpg

48611263947_a8392115fb_z.jpg

48611263912_c728bc210f_z.jpg

48611111336_d133a66d8b_z.jpg

• Like 2