1/72 RC-135 Airseeker

I'm about to start on my most ambitious project so far. Haven't mastered any parts for 6 years and thought I would have a crack at the RAF Airseeker in 1/72 scale. The masters have been scanned and a 3D print of all the bits and bobs are with Lancashire  3D in Preston.. Should have them back on Wednesday and then taking a silicone mould of them to fettle the fit for the AMT/Italeri stratotanker. I will post pictures as it progresses. Should make one heck of a model.

• Like 4

Just received the scans and they are spot on. Should be getting the printed examples very soon. Once I have them in my sticky little fingers, I will take a rubber mould off them and then fettle the fit using a resin casting. No point messing up the originals.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 5:01 PM, earlswain341 said:

I'm about to start on my most ambitious project so far. Haven't mastered any parts for 6 years and thought I would have a crack at the RAF Airseeker in 1/72 scale. The masters have been scanned and a 3D print of all the bits and bobs are with Lancashire  3D in Preston.. Should have them back on Wednesday and then taking a silicone mould of them to fettle the fit for the AMT/Italeri stratotanker. I will post pictures as it progresses. Should make one heck of a model.

Parts are back now. Just final fettle to fit. Dont know how to post photos on this site so any advice will go down a treat.