Rigging Practice

Just wanted something quick and easy to try out rigging using EZ Line so picked up a new e.iii from Hobbycraft for £7. I wasn't bothered about the colour scheme as I was concentrating on the rigging so kept it as per the cad rendering on the side of the box.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Looks great to me, possibly a little on the thick side but certainly neatly done. I found that by agitating the end of the line (rolling it between finger and thumb) I got it to fray, thereby allowing me to split the line lengthways. Using this thinner line meant I could achieve finer rigging without having to stretch it further.

Did you drill holes or just stick the end of the line to the wing surface?

• Like 2

Drilled the wing holes to allow me to do it in 2 runs, both starting and finishing at the undercarriage, everything that went from the fuselage was just stuck to the surface. I'll have to give splitting it a go

The dark colour of the thread may make it look „thicker“ than it actually is. Painting it in a lighter colour ( eg with a felt pen) should help to tone down the effect. 

Another option is invisible sewing thread, comes in different shades and can easily be straightened with a gentle heat source such as a heated screwdriver or a soldering iron on „low“.

Interesting low visibility scheme for WWI plane ;)

Nice job on riging. The EZ is really very helpful to do proper riging. I think the 0.4 mm is optimal drill regarding effect/effort...Have you any problems with 0.3 mm holes?

Regards

J-W