F-16 C Panel Lines

FZ6

I picked up a Hasegawa F-16C as I wanted to do a Desert Storm Block 25 aircraft.

I've been looking at some of the panel lines on the Hasegawa kit and comparing it to the Tamiya kit and have noticed the Panel lines on the Hasegawa kit are based on the pre-production aircraft I think.

As the Hasegawa kit needs rescribing anyway due to raised panel lines, I was planning to use the Tamiya kit as a guide for this. As the Tamiya kit is a Block 50 I was wondering if there were any panel line differences between Early Block 25 aircraft  and later Block 50 aircraft I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I'm reasonably certain there are both minor differences between Block 25 and Block 50, and IIRC there were some subtle errors in Tamiya's representation vs the genuine article.

The DACO book is probably the best single reference for definitive info, and there is also a "Modern Viper Guide" series of books by Jake Melampey that may cover the info you're seeking.

A and C aircrafts had different panel lines, outside Tamiya and maybe Kinetic (I'm ignoring that disaster of the Academy kit) every other company is offering you the A fuselage with C/D/E/F/I decals and parts, this is valid for all 1/72 options

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite

24 minutes ago, Boman said:

Which scale? 

I'm inferring the OP is referencing the 1/32 kits, but technically his question about the "real" panel lines isn't scale or kit dependent.

Thanks for the replies so far. 

The kit I have is indeed the 1/32 kit. It is an unusual mix of some finely raised panel Iines and some heavier recessed panel lines the main difference following a casual comparison between the two, is that on the Tamiya kit, there is two rows of large access panels on either side of the top half of the fuselage . On the Hasegawa kit, only the lower rows are there.

I live in hope that Daco will reprint their F-16 book and I have my eye on the Jake Melampey book although the postage is quite expensive. I’ve heard good things about this kit though so will probably pick this up to help with this task.