S-3B Viking VX-30 160147 The last of "Bloodhounds"

A brilliant start there Vitally, really like what you are doing to this one. I love the lines and the purposefulness of the Viking, especially liked the gull grey and white era...... but then that shows my age!

Terry

• Like 1

Wow, I haven’t seen the inside of the stbd aft avionics bay since my last preflight years and years ago. Nice job. The port bay was normally empty (from what I can remember). It was great place to freeze the fish you caught in Wake Island, as you flew back to Japan at altitude.  

Cheers

Collin

• Like 4

On 8/8/2019 at 4:01 PM, Collin said:

Wow, I haven’t seen the inside of the stbd aft avionics bay since my last preflight years and years ago. Nice job. The port bay was normally empty (from what I can remember). It was great place to freeze the fish you caught in Wake Island, as you flew back to Japan at altitude.  

Cheers

Collin

I love that kind of info from the guy that actually flew the bird ! Thx for sharing with us. 😉

@Vitaliy : what about a fishbag in the port bay ? 😂

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work on the comm bay and the tail hook well. Appears that you used very thin brass sheet and made your own rivets. Have done similar with very thin brass and heavy aluminum in the past. The only thing available at that time was a ponse wheel used for fabric.

Great work on the S-3

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...