Revell Enterprise mods

Frankly speaking I also do have the Revell 1/720 "Big E" in the stash (somewhere between the Italeri Forrestal and 1/600 Kitech CDG), but I'm waiting for s'body to introduce the new tool. Upgrading these kits up to the Fujimi/Trumpeter level of modern carrier kits will take years. Life is too short... 

BTW Few years ago a new tool CV65 has been announced by Dragon, but the results remain unseen yet. In the meantime Trumpeter has released a new tool KittyHawk class (3 ships), that has been decently portrayed by Fujimi some time ago. It's unbelievable that Forrestal-class, Midway-class and all three French angled-deck carriers are still not existing in 1/700 injection moulded shape.

Cheers

Michael, 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, KRK4m said:

BTW Few years ago a new tool CV65 has been announced by Dragon, but the results remain unseen yet.

It's truly baffling why we still haven't seen the Dragon/Cyberhobby 1/700 CVN-65 kit.  It seemed to be right on the verge of release several years ago, then 💨???

I've held on to a couple of the Revell CVAN kits and have the ARII 1/800 CVN (with the post-1982 style island closer to 1/720) in the stash for a "someday" conversion/detail build, but would drop them in a heartbeat if Dragon's kit or any other to modern standards in 1/700 ever materializes.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:46 PM, KRK4m said:

It's unbelievable that Forrestal-class, Midway-class and all three French angled-deck carriers are still not existing in 1/700 injection moulded shape

Seconded on all of this list, although the lack of postwar French carriers isn't all that surprising (Heller's never been big on 1/700).  Even more peculiar is the lack of an injection-molded 1/700 angle deck Essex (other than the one-off Antietam).  I'd settle for Orange Hobby giving all of these the same treatment they have the Midway and Hermes/Viraat, but then I'd need the kind of hobby budget to afford them!

On 6/23/2019 at 4:47 PM, CT7567 said:

Seconded on all of this list, although the lack of postwar French carriers isn't all that surprising (Heller's never been big on 1/700).  Even more peculiar is the lack of an injection-molded 1/700 angle deck Essex (other than the one-off Antietam).  I'd settle for Orange Hobby giving all of these the same treatment they have the Midway and Hermes/Viraat, but then I'd need the kind of hobby budget to afford them!

Frankly speaking I have been never expecting Heller to introduce anything in 1/700, but the same applies to Airfix. However we do have several 1/700 Cold War RN carriers thanks to Fujimi (Audacious class) and Dragon/Pitroad (Invincible class). Thus as both Aoshima and Trumpeter can portray the Soviet Kiev/Minsk quasi-carriers why there's nobody on the earth eager to model the Clemenceau/Foch twins or the CDG in 1:700?

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m
resin kits deleted from listings

• 4 months later...

As mentioned above the only options so far are to get the Starfighter resin hangar walls and get an Arii 1/800 "New" Enterprise for a 1/720-ish scale refit island. You can use the new sponsons in the Arii kit as a guide or base to add them to the Revell kit. Any other spare parts you need can be robbed from an Italeri Reagan/Bush kit. That's my plan anyway and so far the most expensive bit for me was the resin hangar walls.