classic War of the Worlds martian fighting machine.

Hello everyone, its great to be back after an unexpected hiatus.

I'm currently building the Warp kit  martian fighting machine from the George Pal movie of War or the worlds.

Can anyone recommend a suitable copper colour for the hull? I've watched the film and still can't cant get an accurate colour.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Aye up,

A few years back I built the Pegasus 1/144 scale fighting machines and used Tamiya XF6 Copper. The paint is matt but it looked good on the small kit. Alclad do a wide range of metallics that may also be appropriate. Will you be doing a WIP as would like to see the kit.

Regards 

Steve 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 4:10 AM, RACETRACK said:

Hello everyone, its great to be back after an unexpected hiatus.

I'm currently building the Warp kit  martian fighting machine from the George Pal movie of War or the worlds.

Can anyone recommend a suitable copper colour for the hull? I've watched the film and still can't cant get an accurate colour.

Thanks.

I found that Krylon Foil Metallic Copper worked extremely well to get that "actual" metal look. I'd show you the end result but I had a major disaster wherein I washed sanding dust off with a damp towel and didn't realize how long it needed to dry, so the paint just bubbled up. Shelved it and figured I'll come back to it eventually. It's been about two years now, maybe it's time to drench the whole thing in Superclean and start with a fresh coat... long after it has dried.

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RACETRACK said:

to quote amex tag line from a while ago " that'll do nicely". where can a purchase please? Also any idea how long to dry? thanks

I think you can get it pretty much anywhere that sells a good variety of paint. I got mine at Hobby Lobby with the handy 40% coupon but I've also seen it at Home Depot. As for drying time, give it a good long time to dry. It goes on very thick (and you'll need a good thick coat to get the proper metal sheen to it.) I highly urge testing it first because it is a little finicky to get right.