As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
rockpopandchips

Keighley Plastic Model Club – “Edition II – 22 Sep 2019

https://ipmsuk.org/calendar/keighley-plastic-model-club-edition-ii-2019/

September 22 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm BST

University Academy Keighley, Greenhead Road 
Keighley, BD20 6EB United Kingdom + Google Map

Keighley-2019-e1553853934699.jpg?resize=

Edited by rockpopandchips

Shift already booked off for this one, great first show last year

Cheers Dave.

26 minutes ago, DWC1968 said:

Shift already booked off for this one, great first show last year

Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave, really looking forward to this year. 

The first edition last year was top rate, and at a great location. Looking forward to this year's show.

Just a quick bump as we are getting close to this now and it's shaping up nicely. 

It would be great to see you a few of you there, bring one of your finished kits for the competition and make a day of it. 

You're going to regret it!

North Riding IPMS, Coastal Command and the Northern England Airfields SIG's WILL be in attendance :whistle:

Paul

It was a great show last year - easy to find - plenty of parking - friendly staff - nice layout - well worth a visit etc...

I think you can guess I'll be popping over and then there will be a call into Halifax Modellers World on the way home - bonus!!!

I hope the weather is on your side too guys - Steve

On 9/14/2019 at 10:39 PM, Tim R-T-C said:

Just announced, a big prize raffle with some top prizes on offer.

Cheers Tim was just about to post this. 

The Raffle is only £3 a ticket for a chance to win one of 3 £100 kits. There will also be a tombola with the proceeds going to the local special care baby unit so bring your wallet for some guilt free spending. 

I'm really looking forward to this one - great show last year - I will definitely be there - wallet in hand :)

A good show last year and I plan to be there, hope to see some of you. 

Tables all set up. Loads of table space for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

A good show, some nice models and bought a couple of things I was after and some chatting with various people. 

A good show today  big thank you to everyone involved,  you have pulled another blinder. Nice mix of traders and clubs plus a competition, raffle . All in all a great day. 

Big thank you to the organisers, another success. Good time enjoyed by all on the Club, Coastal and Northern England Airfields SIG's tables. Best thing of the day for me was the tombola, and the (very) young lady who, courtesy of her Dad, bagged the largest box on the table, the new 1/24 Hellcat.....box was about two thirds of her size! Enjoy building it 👍

Paul

Great show again lads and lasses of Keighley Club, a good day had by the Washington mob, wins in the competition, tombola and 2/3 prizes in the fantastic raffle. Really happy to attend this show again, shame about the weather which sometimes hinders shows and also the cycle event with road closures that may have put a lot of people off. For those of us that made it, a massive thank you!

Cheers

Brian   

Many thanks to the modeller who gave his Airfix Harrier tombola prize to my daughter who was unlucky with her go.

Cheers all, really glad you had a god time. I managed to win the club trophy with my scratch built 1/35 Old shed dio, that I’m chuffed to bits with (second year running 😋). But the big event for we was I picked up a scale model….......…of an aircraft ………I have not built an aircraft since I was a kid and I don't remember ever building a biplane. I bought a 1/72 Fokker D VII kit purely for its aesthetics and the reputation of Eduards from people that normal build this type of thing, but I'm still impressed with the contents and the details in the box, decals and PE parts look fantastic.

There is also enough spare parts in the box for me to make another scifi / steampunk build.😁

7bb662b8052c3c8ed86933f6868ebb43.jpg

3e8720b879bb4f467586add6bb7f54bb.jpg

Well done with the garden shed scene, a great level of detail and nicely finished - definitely a worthy winner.