Last minute technical hitch

Here is my recently completed 1/144 diorama, it is a British Airways Vickers Viscount which is loaded and ready to go when the crew can't start the engines. Here the engineers have arrived and are just about to try to sort the problem out.

The kit is from Authentic Airliners with livery decals from 26decals and windows by Authentic Airliners Decals.

The apron is printed card designed in inkscape. GPU is from Aircraft in Miniature cast in white metal and the Sherpa van also white metal but from PG models. Figures are Preiser.

47993918057_d6cef76461_b.jpg

47993917692_0334f298da_b.jpg

47993960251_7d348233bd_b.jpg

47993917997_9505d47638_b.jpg

47993960306_0e73cfc135_b.jpg

Hope you like it, comments and criticisms welcome.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 11

Very nice work on display here, Ian. There's something about the old airliners that just looks right to me. The modern stuff is very impressive, but the olden days just had more style.

Cheers for sharing with us. 

Chris. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nicely presented. Love ‘em all!  :yes:

As an aside, I’ve worked on all the engines present in your dio, but the quirkiest of all was the tiny fourth engine in the Trident, the RB 162. It featured a ‘total loss’ oil system so you had be sure to top the tank up before starting, and the jet pipe used to glow cherry red at max. We didn’t use a linear throttle like other engines had on the test bed, but instead used a switch box with pre-set conditions. Suffice to say the tests times were very short due to the limited oil quantity. 😁

• Like 1