Wingnut Wings - Shorts Felixstowe F.2a Early, Great Yarmouth, 1918

Chris,

Beautiful work !   I bow with respect for your skills. The details and paintwork, I can only dream of. 

It set my brains at work planning to build it in 1/48 scale.  Some day some time...:-)

Thanks for showing this beauty !

Greetings,

JohnHaa

• Like 1

Wow! Thank you very much everybody. I’m delighted that she’s gone down so well. As the builder, I notice the imperfections and mistakes much more than anyone else! 

But as I said earlier, I am totally blown away by the comments. Thank you so so much everybody!!! 

• Like 2

Oh my! Fantastic is far from enough this time... Absolutely breathtaking! The best model I’ve ever seen! Takes a lot to beat that build. You should be VERY proud! :)

Cheers,

Andreas

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agensjoe said:

Oh my! Fantastic is far from enough this time... Absolutely breathtaking! The best model I’ve ever seen! Takes a lot to beat that build. You should be VERY proud! :)

Cheers,

Andreas

I can I I can only apologise but I’ve just found out how to do quotes in here. 

Thank you very very much for the high praise Andreas! I really appreciate it a lot! 

1 hour ago, Rumblestripe said:

Wonderful, marvellous, etc.

Bloomin' lovely

Thank you very much! 

1 hour ago, Getting Old said:

Very nice work Sir, lovely model :like:

Thanks again! 

I’m going into the mancave shortly to just do a small bit of dust blowing away on it. Until the display case arrives, I just have to keep the evil dust off it!!! I’m still scared of touching it too though...

Chris 

Chris, what all the others have already said above doubled in spades. And only 4 bottles of whiskey?  Incredible. Me?  I’d have been straight jacket material long before a quarter way through

the guys are right though - she deserves public display in a museum, she’s that good

• Like 1

Wow.  I mean really wow, as in WOW!  That is true modeling art sir.  :worthy:What an incredible model and what craftsmanship is involved in a work of art and beauty like that!?!   We see great models here at BM everyday, but something like this elevates the hobby to levels of which most of us can only dream.  Thank you for inspiring us all!  🥃

• Like 1

Hi, it’s me.... 😬

To Chris, I personally apologise to putting you up to this and fading away at the start. Yes, guilty as charged. What was supposed to be a dual build, turned into a solo effort by Chris due to quite a pile of poo happening in my own life and modelling had to take a back seat.

But what an effort!! Chris has always achieved stunning results but now has just ascended the ranks and sits firmly amongst more well-known names as a Master Modeller.

I’ve been fortunate enough to see Chris’ Felixstowe during the build and she really surpasses any of the very warm and complimentary messages above.

I know that the display case will further enhance what is easily one of the very best models ever presented here on these hallowed pages.

A Masterclass? An inspiration? A museum piece? Yes, yes and yes.

p.s. Mine will be finished... 😊

• Like 1

An absolute masterpiece. I can only imagine what this bird must look like in person. Your perseverance and hard work paid off. Thank you for the build report and the advice - I will reserve four bottles of Johnnie Walker for when I start mine!

• Like 1

I’ve literally just got out of the simulator and had a beer and can finally respond to the comments...

first of all, as I said above, thank you so much for your humbling and incredible feedback. I am clearly very happy with the way she turned out. She’s not perfect, and as a mode builder, we are our own worst enemies in many ways, but overall I’ve learnt a lot from this build. 

I can’t really say much more at the risk of repeating myself endlessly - but thank you all so much. 

I would also say that this is my first ever proper WNW build, and that if I can do it, anyone can. As modellers, we tend to stick to what we know and what we are comfortable with. If it wasn’t for @Mark pushing and poking me, this would have remained a pipe dream -or a box that I got out sometimes, looked at, got scared and then put it away! But if I can do it, anybody else can do!

so thank you very very much for all your wonderful comments. Very humbling and I am amazed by them. 

I hope you all have a great evening,

Chris