Wingnut Wings - Shorts Felixstowe F.2a Early, Great Yarmouth, 1918

What can I say that has not already been said. Chris, that is a pure work of art and it is most certainly the best looking bi-plane I have ever seen. 

Simply stunning. 

• Like 1

Good morning everybody,

First of all I wish to thank everybody who’s commented or liked the photos. I am really humbled by the reaction to the build on here, it’s been incredible. So thank you all very very much.

I’m incredibly happy with the way it’s turned out and cannot wait for her to take up the prime position in my display cabinets (or on as the case might well have to be!)

I was also very very glad to get the rigging completed without a major disaster!! It certainly takes a bit of thinking ahead and planning ahead. But it is worth it... 

As an aside, friendly banter apart, I would like to thank Mark for putting me up to this challenge. It was his active words of encouragement that made me pick up the box for a change and open it - and for the first time ever, not look at the instructions and put it away, scared! So thank you very much Mark. 

To all all those who have this kit and are scared... don’t be. It looks intimidating and scary, but if you break it into various subsections and treat each one as an individual kit, it works a treat! 

Thank you very much again,

Chris

• Like 3

Again, thank you very much for your wonderful comments and feedback. I’m speechless as to how well this kit has been received. So thank you!! 

Bryanm - the wood on the fuselage was actually Aviattic Woodgrain decals, weathered and gloss varnished in. I spent ages looking at the Shorts Southampton fuselage at Hendon and the level of varnish on this before deciding that this would be the look I’d go for. 

Very many thanks again!

Chris

• Like 1

Wow, Chris that's superb. Wouldn't know where to even start building that.

Proper masterpiece, really impressive and hopefully on a table at Telford this year!

Alan

• Like 1

Oh my goodness.....that is stunning. What an amazing model, I'll be well chuffed if mine comes out half as good as yours Chris. Not that 'I've plucked up enough courage to start it yet!

I can only echo what everyone else has said about the finish, the wood grain, the CDL etc. You have produced a real masterpiece there and it deserves a protective case to go in.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Thank you very much to both Al and John,   You’ll be delighted to know that she’s going into a display box very soon and will stay there. Safely protected! 

John - I bet yours will look excellent too. The only challenging bit was the centre wing section with the rigging. I learnt a lot and would do things a bit differently next time around, but that’s the point in learning!

Thank you very much again! 

Chris

• Like 1