Finally! Paint to plastic at last! :)

I finally sat down at the bench and got to work. 😀   The last scale modeling I did was in February 2017, completing a Hobbycraft Hurricane.  Yesterday, I started in earnest on my Tamiya 1/48 Meteor Mk I.  I'm building the No. 1 prototype,  DG202/G, and got all the aluminum paint done, cockpit and seat, and have the wheels and tires and landing gear ready for paint too.  I have to say that it felt good to begin work on a kit at last.  I did find that my jar of Mr. Surfacer 1000 had dried up; had to use a bit of "White Out" for a seam filler.  I'm going to Austin, Texas on Friday and will have a shopping list prepared for a trip to King's Hobby Shop, one of the area's finest and best-stocked.   Hopefully, I can buy what I need and resist the siren song of more new kits. 😉

IMG_7714.jpg

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7717.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Your workbench looks very busy, Gary!

You should see the rest of the room, it's crazy!

I've got this kit in my micro stash Gary, so I'll be interested to see how it goes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gorby said:

You should see the rest of the room, it's crazy!

I've got this kit in my micro stash Gary, so I'll be interested to see how it goes.

Okay Gorby, you asked for it. 😉  It has been a bit tidier; here it is all cleaned up for the final push on my Intruder:

cleanbench2.jpg

Here's a later view of the "modeling corner":

corner%20view.jpg

corner%20view%202.jpg

Opposite side of the study:

safe.jpg

Doorway into the study:

doorway.jpg

display%20cabinets.jpg

nw%20corner.jpg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

Thank you.  There would be some there; mostly Kalashnikov magazines seen here I think. 

Ah 7.62 short shoulder round.

Still great man cave just cant quiet understand the fact the you kinda have unsecured weapons....but I guess it's s cultural thing...2nd ? Amendment. 

Must admit a day at the ranges is something I miss now

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Ah 7.62 short shoulder round.

Still great man cave just cant quiet understand the fact the you kinda have unsecured weapons....but I guess it's s cultural thing...2nd ? Amendment. 

Must admit a day at the ranges is something I miss now

That is a lot of fun.  I would miss it too. 🙂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gorby said:

It looks almost tidy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have the aliens done with the real Gary Brantley?????????

Lol. Hmmm...those are the same pics that you saw before Gorby.  Your memory played a trick on you; the shock of seeing all that clutter magnified its intensity methinks. 😁  It merely looks tidier now!  And, if you could see it right at this moment...hoo boy! :giggle:

• Like 1