POSSIBLE Launch of Resin 1/48th Vulcan

spruecutter96

Hi,

The Vulcan just landed here.

It's awesome (by its size and quality).

Can't wait to put it on the bench (I just have to build my bench first, though).

Cheers,

S.

Edited by Sebastien
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Icelandic Fine Art said:

Yes, Uncle Uncool, I can supply you a set of air intakes and bomb bay, as I Keep spares. Send me an email to: [email protected]  

I will find out the postage to South America.

:analintruder: Awesome! Alan; many, many thanks! :worthy: Wow...

Got the giggles because someone either in the lower or upper storey has just threatened calling the bobbies on me for the happy screaming which reading Alan's reply triggered in me this early in the morning. :lol:

Will e-mail you right away, Alan. Thank you once again, my mate.

Cheers,

Unc2  

17 hours ago, Icelandic Fine Art said:

1/32 Buccaneer (which is completed); everything else gets binned. The Buccaneer would have been released by now, if it was not for the clear transparencies. It has proven difficult to cast clear resin canopies, of a particularly large size, so I have used my CNC multi-axis machine, that I use to cut aero turbine blades with, in the aerospace industry, to cut through solid polyurethane blocks and shape individual canopies. It is a long process but it is the only way I could achieve the results I wanted; once polished they will look like glass. 

All I can say is I am  :Tasty: at the thought.  I've just re-planned my model budget

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I would re jig it some more, cos I know some of what Alan has up his sleeve. :tapedshut:

Jeez.... A 1/48 Vulcan (mine arrived today :frantic:) , a  1/48 Victor and a 1/32 Bucc.   If he does any more I will have to start a campaign to get him a knighthood for services to modellers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Esposito said:

Wow...even though I love the Vulcan...or any strategic Jet bomber for that matter...how can one find the space to display it? Or afford it as it is in Resin?

Even at 1/72 the kit will be huge...in 1/48? 😯

Resistance is futile.

39e1a628-767f-4486-982b-0b7b25b2c664.jpg

You can't resist something that can do this!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, exdraken said:

Emailed Alan... I guess I need one ..... :)

Werner, mate; you guess you need a 1/48 Vulcan kit? :lol:

It's going to be a blast to see you build it.

54 minutes ago, Mike Esposito said:

I got the 1/144 pit road Vulcan B2 w Blue Steel!👌

Uh-uh-uuuhhh...spacer.png The 1/144th scale doesn't make justice to the Vulcan.

Nay, it doesn't...

Cheers,

Unc2

PS: You need to buy Alan's 1/48 resin kit.

Yeh, you do...

Edited by Uncle Uncool
Getting messages to Mike subliminally...
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2019 at 9:17 AM, Sebastien said:

Hi,

The Vulcan just landed here.

It's awesome (by its size and quality).

Can't wait to put it on the bench (I just have to build my bench first, though).

Cheers,

S.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:21 PM, JohnT said:

Jeez.... A 1/48 Vulcan (mine arrived today :frantic:) , a  1/48 Victor and a 1/32 Bucc.   If he does any more I will have to start a campaign to get him a knighthood for services to modellers.

8 hours ago, Hub Plott said:

Got mine yesterday, very pleased!

gentlemen, 

photos please!!

mine will take 2 weeks to manufacture.... so will not be the first one to build it :P 

Perfect, now Trumpeter will issue a 1/48 Vulcan (albeit misshapen).   It will be the 1/32 Lightning saga all over again.  People look in vain for years for an Echelon vac Lightning only to have Trumpeter issue a very dimensionaly challenged kit.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2019 at 10:47 PM, Ad-4N said:

Perfect, now Trumpeter will issue a 1/48 Vulcan (albeit misshapen).   It will be the 1/32 Lightning saga all over again.  People look in vain for years for an Echelon vac Lightning only to have Trumpeter issue a very dimensionaly challenged kit.  

I have long since given up on buying kits from certain manufacturers unless I've seen it, it gets good press on sites like this, or it's made by a company I trust.

That said I really, really want one of these beauties. Grey/green with sand/tan undersides I think....

• Like 1

On 18/09/2019 at 20:47, Mike Esposito said:

Hey Bent

:cwl:

All joking aside, the comments I've heard from people that have received theirs are extremely encouraging, and I was so relieved that it's got metal gear.  Even with the reduction in weight and thickness from some clever moulding techniques, it'll still hurt if you drop it on your foot :owww:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why does everybody insist on metal undercarriage; What is the attraction of this? Apart from adding further cost to a kit, thereby increasing its cost to the buyer and putting it out of reach for a lot of those modellers who long desire a neglected subject, an aircraft that holds a special place in the public consciousness; the Vulcan is one of those iconic aircraft that stirs emotion and at the same time, represents the engineering excellence of a country that once led the aviation world. So who is right and who is wrong about metal landing gear on model aircraft? I have one question for those individuals who insist that metal landing gear is the end and be all? Show me the calculations that says metal undercarriage is stronger and more robust than the latest polyurethane resins? What's that I hear, you don't have any calculations, simply because that's what the trends say and all others follow. So by that account it would seem that said claimants are using similar methods of reasoning as did the witchfinder general for declaring certain individuals guilty of unnatural powers. So lets come back to the original question of metal landing gear; it is unscientific to make a claim solely on the basis of what one thinks or considers to be right. Again show me the calculations that says metal landing gear is superior in the short or long term. Consider this, when taking into account the distribution of mass or weight, the area over which the load is being distributed is the critical factor and how it is spread out is also important; its called the ground pressure or footprint. A 10 tonne tank can have a smaller footprint or ground pressure than the average man, simply by designing its road wheels or tracks to distribute that load over a larger area. I am not going to get into an argument with those individuals who will argue the point to no end, if you don't understand the science or have the evidence to support your claims, all you are doing is propagating the same methods used by the witchfinder general. On this point, I leave the discussion open, knowing that people will always maintain the same views, on certain subjects because that is human nature. 

Alan

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Icelandic Fine Art said:

Why does everybody insist on metal undercarriage;

I think it's just a perception that metal is "stronger", not based on any science really, so I wouldn't worry about it unduly.  It could be as well to mention what type of resin gear legs are made of and their properties, as I'm sure most are aware that there are various types, but maybe not so aware of what these resins are capable of, so I guess it's about managing people's expectations and educating your audience.  We're model-makers first and foremost, so don't often think about that sort of thing :)

TBH, I'm not massively fond of the traditional "white metal" we see in the likes of commercially produced white metal gear legs, as that too is quite malleable, so not massively suited to bogie-style gear or perpendicular axles.  If you're gonna go metal, bronze seems a much better option, but it's expensive and eradicating any mould or slippage seams is a chore due to the hardness.  For most injection-moulded models it's frippery unless you're loading it up with a ton of nose weight and/or resin.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2019 at 15:17, bentwaters81tfw said:

And the big question is?????????

How much?

On 17/09/2019 at 17:12, Sebastien said:

For the Vulcan? 

184 quid & postage. 

I should have mine tomorrow... 

Cheers, 

S. 

40 minutes ago, mackem01 said:

Bottom line guys......how much??