POSSIBLE Launch of Resin 1/48th Vulcan

spruecutter96

On 6/8/2019 at 10:43 AM, WV908 said:

Price has been mentioned - the Eiriksson Vulcan went for £315 when it popped up on eBay. I can see Alan’s kit being significantly less than this luckily and if i’d known he was doing one six months ago, well.....

48024278901_55f7b67053_b.jpg

:blink2: Nnnnooooiiiceee...!!! Totally forgot about the existence of this kit, WV908, mate.

That kit ought to weight nearly 5 kilos. But look at those luvly intakes; I'd ask Mr Eiriksson to cast me a couple so that I could replace those in my Aeroclub kit :hmmm:for which I paid a bit more than twice those £315...

Still, think I wouldn't get a 1/48th scale resin Vulcan kit. 

Yeh, me wouldn't.

Cheers,

Unc2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

And the big question is?????????

How much?

For the Vulcan? 

184 quid & postage. 

I should have mine tomorrow... 

Cheers, 

S. 

1 minute ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

That's what he said it would be. He formulated a new way of casting the resin, so it takes lass, therefore cheaper than you might expect.

I wasn't reacting to the price ^_^ I've cast resin before now and I know that it's not the easiest or least time-consuming process in the world.  I also know that if you have a small blemish in a large piece that renders it useless, you've lost a lorra lorra money. :(

I have a huge urge to get one that my wallet can't commit to :crying:

It's so nice to see people producing what big players do not and feed hungry modellers. Resin of course needs some extra labor to build and is more expensive but this way at least there is a product available on the market for those willing to pay to build their long desired subjects. 

Hello All,

I see the mighty Vulcan has been taking centre stage, either way she's a lot easier to build than the old one and a lot lighter. She has an aluminium honeycombe matrix for both the fuselage and wings and the whole structure is strong and will maintain its structural integrity, which is why there is a greyish metallic appearance to her. I am currently working on a new set of laser decals for the Vulcan in the next few weeks, so hopefully, they will be a lot better than the inkjet ones, in the kit.

Yes, Uncle Uncool, I can supply you a set of air intakes and bomb bay, as I Keep spares. Send me an email to: [email protected]  

I will find out the postage to South America.

I will be attending Telford, as Bentwaters has already mentioned and I am aiming to release a couple of big projects that will shake up the modelling world. 

I will be returning to England after Telford, permanently; I am leaving Icelandic Fine Art and will come over here and set up a projects department, on a part-time basis. The old designs will stay with IFA and I will develop new projects. The 1/72 Trident is still on, so is the 1/48 Victor and 1/32 Buccaneer (which is completed); everything else gets binned. The Buccaneer would have been released by now, if it was not for the clear transparencies. It has proven difficult to cast clear resin canopies, of a particularly large size, so I have used my CNC multi-axis machine, that I use to cut aero turbine blades with, in the aerospace industry, to cut through solid polyurethane blocks and shape individual canopies. It is a long process but it is the only way I could achieve the results I wanted; once polished they will look like glass. 

I am looking forward to the Vulcan builds, I am sure there are going to be some spectacular builds going on and who knows, I may start awarding prizes to the finished Vulcans.

Keep up the good work, fellow BM's, the future looks bright!

Alan

Icelandic Fine Art

• Like 13