Thanks, Rob! 🤝

The tarp... This time I decided to put on a test the Tamiya Epoxy Putty:

48597974916_41f5e682b4_k.jpg

Not so perfect but I think it’s acceptable:

48598116447_9f2e0ca5b1_k.jpg

Now it’s time for the painting... 😬

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Jeff E said:

Very nice progress Nicolay, the tarp and belts look much better than the kit part.

Thanks, Jeff! 🤝 Yes, I like it too - the first sculpting attempt was successful.

Looking forward to seeing some paint going on.

After some time I sprayed an XF-61 on the tank:

48637870843_dcfcd712a1_k.jpg

Today I applied a few layers with an XF-61 and some amount of the white. The tracks was painted with a Flat Black and coated with a Brown wash - just to add some dusty and rusty feeling. I used the Tamiya paints as a primer, so the next layer will be done with a water-based paint that I got with the kit. I planned to apply some coats with this «4BO» color and the next few with added white (it was provided me too) to imitate some highlights.

Thanks for looking! 🙂

• Like 5

Hello friends! 👋

An additional coats of paint were applied:

48640238133_3169ba650d_k.jpg

The highlights looks well, but it’s only a test with a «primer»:

48640587131_31a6d5a0b2_k.jpg

The next step was a «4BO». This time I tried the water-based colors. These paints aren’t so easy to spray and clogged an airbrush a few times... But it’s a very authentic color and I’m really happy with the results:

48641277462_b0215bc9e4_k.jpg

I did some chipping on the stove, not excellent as others did here - but I think it’s looks well.

Thanks for watching! 😎

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Jeff E said:

Very nice Nikolay, the chipping looks good to me😃

Thank you, Jeff! 🤝

Last night I painted all the small bits and now I’m ready to put the clear coat on the tank:

48669353233_d8a4351103_k.jpg

I decided to try some weathering techniques on the tracks and use the brown wash over the flat black, then dry brush with the steel paint:

48669857822_48a4377487_k.jpg

Thanks for looking! 😉

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Miketheexrock said:

Looking very nice , great clean build , 

Thank you, Mike! ☺️

28 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Starting to come together really well :thumbsup:

Thanks, @Dads203! Now it’s time for the two decals and a little weathering...

1 hour ago, vaoinas said:

The 4BO looks really nice. What product did you use?

Thanks, @vaoinas! Yes, it’s looks very natural, it’s rare to see it even in a museums. This is the paint that I got from our local hobby store as a gift on a pre-order. It’s a water-based paint and now they’re selling it as their own-branded product: https://arma-models.ru/catalog/kraski_akrilovye/arc1001_kraska_akrilovaya_na_vodnoy_osnove_zashchitnyy_4bo_15ml/.

Meanwhile, I installed the turret using the toothpick instead of my finger to place the bracket:

48676051641_162782a3a1_k.jpg

Also I added an antenna and some wash (it’s a mixture of black and brown) - not so visible on the glossy finish:

48676226337_bde4be936a_k.jpg

To be honest, I don’t like the weathering and now the tank looks good for me:

48676226342_d39be1fc00_k.jpg

Looks like it’s time for the flat coat and a little amount of dust:

48676051656_2a84c4c7e3_k.jpg

Thanks! 😎

• Like 14

You are on the home stretch now Nicolay, the weathering on the tracks looks great as does the subtle weathering on the hull and turret. Looking forward to seeing a little dust and dirt on it. 

Jeff

• Thanks 1

You've done a very nice job out of that Zvezda kit! I'll be on a lookout for their 85 :-) Bigglesof266 recommended one. Yet, in Australia, they not exactly in any "corner-shop" :-(

@Retired Bob - that was me, mate, stirring things about fuel inlets. Sorry to rain on your parade :-))

Some people have their fuel tanks half empty, and some - half full. And sometimes it's good to implement a bit of logic before plastic toy company instructions :-)

Zig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ripaman said:

You are doing a great job on this T-34/76 Nikolay :like:

Thank you, Richard! 🤝

You are on the home stretch now Nicolay, the weathering on the tracks looks great as does the subtle weathering on the hull and turret.

Yes, just finished it! 👏

Looking forward to seeing a little dust and dirt on it.

Eh... I did some weathering, but it’s not so much. I hope you’ll not be disappointed, Jeff! 🤝

11 hours ago, zigster said:

You've done a very nice job out of that Zvezda kit! I'll be on a lookout for their 85 🙂 Bigglesof266 recommended one. Yet, in Australia, they not exactly in any "corner-shop" 😞

Thank you, Zig! 🙂 I hope you’ll get this kit soon.

11 hours ago, zigster said:

Some people have their fuel tanks half empty, and some - half full. And sometimes it's good to implement a bit of logic before plastic toy company instructions 🙂

Yes, dry-fit at first! Always.

6 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Looking very good... seems like zvezda stepped up their game the last few years...

Thank you, Silenoz! The new Zvezda kits are perfectly designed - it’s just a pleasure to build!

@Redcoat2966, @robw_uk, @Soeren, @flashlight, @Das Abteilung, @The Spadgent, @Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast, @JeroenS, @nikos, @Silenoz, @Battered Metal, @Venelin, @Buzby061, @Bigglesof266, @Retired Bob, @German Armour, @robgizlu, @Jeff E, @Miketheexrock, @Dads203, @vaoinas, @Robert Stuart, @Ripaman, @zigster - thank you all for supporting this build, your thoughts an comments! I want to invite you to the RFI Section to look at the finished «34»:

Thanks for looking! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, zigster said:

Some people have their fuel tanks half empty, and some - half full. And sometimes it's good to implement a bit of logic before plastic toy company instructions 🙂

The way Tamiya made the ancillary fuel tanks, two halves, top and bottom with the mounting brackets molded onto the bottom half, fitting them to the tank hull at that angle, you just assumed Tamiya had made them correctly, anyway, about 3/4 full.  :penguin::penguin::penguin:

• Like 1

Wowza!!! Just had a lovely catch up on this after it suddenly popped up on my thread this morning. Boy you work fast. 🙌 lovely finish you have there. Not grime ridden or muddy but not factory fresh either. I love it. After your last and this build I took the plunge and bought a Zvazda kit. A German bomber. It looks really nice. Thanks for the tip. I’ll keep up with your next build more closely.

headed to the RFI wonderful work Nikolay.

Johnny. 🤗

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

Just had a lovely catch up on this after it suddenly popped up on my thread this morning. Boy you work fast. 🙌

Yes, I’m glad that you like it! Three months... Not so fast, but it’s a definitely fastest build that I have done!

lovely finish you have there. Not grime ridden or muddy but not factory fresh either. I love it.

Just a bit used - I don’t like the modern tendency of over weathering. 😬 And I don’t have a Flory wash!! 😂

After your last and this build I took the plunge and bought a Zvazda kit. A German bomber. It looks really nice. Thanks for the tip. I’ll keep up with your next build more closely.

Thanks, Johnny! I hope you’ll have a very straightforward build with that kit - keep me in touch.

headed to the RFI wonderful work Nikolay.

Thank you, I appreciate it! 🤝

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Amazing Build. I have a Zvezda Tiger in my stash for a rainy day which I don't really want to touch for a while (The protected stash). I am actually going to buy one of these kits. I have an old one from about 15 years ago when I first started modeling an now I want to do a comparison. Again, Great Build. Job Well done. 

• Thanks 1