Leadfoil.

ian p

Take up wine drinking B) plenty of bottles have it as a seal over the cork,  coffee that comes in a tin can has a internal seal 

that also can be used. Plenty of places to look for the stuff that is almost free. 

• Haha 1

I have a stack of 5mil Al sheets from coffee can seals. I've just started collecting thinner sheets from other food containers.

Also take a look at kitchen foil. I've discovered the shiny side is a reasonable basis for a light. I punch a disc from the foil, use either clear paints or "Sharpie" pens to color the foil, and then glue the foil onto the model. 

I also use solder and lead wire as they're far more malleable than copper wire. I get solder from electronics stores and lead wire from a US distributor (UMM-USA).

HTH

-- 

dnl

A quick Google brings up quite a few results. I also found this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tri-Foil-Malleable-covered-Lead-Sheet/dp/B00UHT71AG/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=lead+sheet&qid=1559715676&s=gateway&sr=8-15

Which is apparently 0.01mm thick. It isn't cheap, but lead isn't cheap.

It's also available from the same shop on Evilbay for a little less:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Shop-Tri-Foil-for-use-with-Nutter-and-or-Scratchbuilding-Lead-Foil/192877515413?hash=item2ce8655295:g:vGoAAOSw9-hcinSH 

I've not used it myself so this isn't a recommendation. I'm quite tempted though, so if you get some can you let us know what it's like?

I've just noticed the shop mentioned above is Historex Agents. On their website, lead foil is show at £9 (I don't know what the postage would be). It's an odd site, you would need to search for 'lead foil' - it won't allow me to post a direct link.