Academy 1/48 Shooting Star

Hello,

This is my T-33 in the colors of the 1/14 Aviation Group, Canoas AFB, Brazilian Air Force. They were replaced by F-5E in the early seventies.

Kit was just fine, no issues at all, although it could have more details. Everything OOB, except for the decals from FCM.

Cheers!

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 25

Excellent build George. I built an Academy one from the same group, but with a much earlier FCM decal sheet from 2002 (with the stiff decal film), mixed with Microscale and kit decals. I had issues with the build, the painting and the decals. Almost binned mine, twice. I would like to try the GWH version and do a CT-133, but jets are not my thing and the stash is huge.

Well done. Cheers,

Wlad

55 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

Beautifully done T-33!  What paint did you use for the NMF?  👍

Thank you!

Well, they're were not really NMF, but painted silver instead. So I used an automotive type paint, kind of an aluminum flat. 

57 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Beautifully done.

Pete

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Mark Joyce said:

Very nice job on the NMF, George.  Great looking build!

Cheers,

Mark

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Joyce said:

Cheers,

Mark

Thank you!!

18 hours ago, delticfan said:

Is this a prop on a film set? it looks 12 inch to the foot scale....stunning work!

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Hello

i really like your model, coz brazilian jets are so rarely in the model scene, and your model looks great. May i ask which details did you missed?

Thank you! I think the cockpit and wheel well bays could use a few more details, that's all. But a nice kit, nevertheless.

1 hour ago, Mark Joyce said:

Cheers,

Mark

Thank you!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wlad said:

Excellent build George. I built an Academy one from the same group, but with a much earlier FCM decal sheet from 2002 (with the stiff decal film), mixed with Microscale and kit decals. I had issues with the build, the painting and the decals. Almost binned mine, twice. I would like to try the GWH version and do a CT-133, but jets are not my thing and the stash is huge.

Well done. Cheers,

Wlad

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Beautifully done T-33!  What paint did you use for the NMF?  👍

Thank you!

Well, they're were not really NMF, but painted silver instead. So I used an automotive type paint, kind of an aluminum flat. 

• Like 1

When I saw “Brazilian” in the title I knew I was going to see a splash of color. The pictures do not disappoint! Well done and thanks for sharing!