F6F-3 Hellcat. Eduard 1/48

6 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

Looks great, I am a big fan of heavily weathered and distressed paintwork so this one gets top marks for me.

Duncan B

Thanks very much Duncan. 

You might like the next one then. 😉

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christer A said:

Great work on a classic aircraft mr Newsome!

The patchy paint is very striking.

Thanks very much Christer. There really is something about Eduard kits that's conducive to a reasonable result.

8 hours ago, Bugle07 said:

Really great finish on her, hope you foind the formation light? 

Well done!

Geoff 

Thanks very much Geoff. That light hasn't turned up, I'm hoping it will when I clear my desk ready to go back to work next week. If it doesn't I have a plan. 🙂

2 hours ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

This came out awesome Roger - v nicely weathered- it’s a very good representation- looks like it’s just landed on a carrier. Great work 👏

Thanks very much John. I was a bit worried I was close to over doing it but stopped at the right time I think.

51 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

I was a bit worried I was close to over doing it but stopped at the right time I think.

You did:) it’s easy to forget how much things get toned down after the clear coats and weathering- I think stopping your blend layers just before you feel comfortable is a good guide 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kitchen Modeller said:

You did:) it’s easy to forget how much things get toned down after the clear coats and weathering- I think stopping your blend layers just before you feel comfortable is a good guide 😀

I don't know if my results would be better if I had a clear plan, I usually just wing it..... see what I did there? 😆😆😆

• Haha 1

Another excellent build, Roger!  The paintwork is superb, along with the weathering that nicely breaks up the uniformity of the colors. 

If and when I get around to building my Eduard Hellcat, I plan on doing Vraciu's aircraft as well.  I met him a couple of times many years ago, and I enjoy modeling the airplane of someone whom I can say, "Hey, I know that guy!."

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Joyce said:

Another excellent build, Roger!  The paintwork is superb, along with the weathering that nicely breaks up the uniformity of the colors. 

If and when I get around to building my Eduard Hellcat, I plan on doing Vraciu's aircraft as well.  I met him a couple of times many years ago, and I enjoy modeling the airplane of someone whom I can say, "Hey, I know that guy!."

Cheers,

Mark

Thank you very much Mark.

You'll enjoying building it, especially as you've met Vraciu!

Roger.