Eastern Express DC-10-30 Released!

Interesting.  

It looks like it has a conventional wing to fuselage joint rather than the nonsensical fitting on the MD-11. After a bad and expensive experience with that kit I won't be parting with any money until I read an actual build report on the DC-10 rather than the "Oooh look how pretty it is in the box" stuff which tends to greet anything from Eastern Express these days.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

With @Skodadriver's caveat ringing loud, I'll give it a conditional "Yes please, there is a Air NZ one lurking in those sprues, hopefully," :)

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately as far as I know all the ANZ airframes were the earlier model with the different wing body fairing.

AA do the early model DC10 though!

Cheers,

Ian

44 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Unfortunately as far as I know all the ANZ airframes were the earlier model with the different wing body fairing.

Ok, more research required on my part, I thought all the Air NZ aircraft were -30s & assumued they would all be the same, the AA kits are a little out of my price range. :(

Steve.

Having had a furkle around on Airliners.net & comparing Air NZ aircraft with  BCal & Lufthansa ones which feature on the liverys for the EE kit I can see no differences but then again, I'm not sure what I'm looking for, These are some of the images I compared.

ZK-NZT, ZK-NZS, ZK-NZP D-ADMO, D-ADBO, D-ADFO, G-BNDH I tried to find photos that showed fore & aft wing fairings & I'm not seeing any glaring differences but stand to be corrected/guided in this.

Steve.

Right, I'm seeing from there that the Air NZ DC-10s did not have the forward wing root fairing, I haven't checked for the rear stab fairings etc yet but its starting to look like a fair bit of work. Doable? :unsure:

Steve.

5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Doable?

Hi Steve,

Yes I'd say it is doable as basically all you'll have to do is sand off the forward part of the fuselage fairings for both the wings and tailplanes and reshape them and remove the wing/tail/tailplane fillets.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Steve,

Yes I'd say it is doable as basically all you'll have to do is sand off the forward part of the fuselage fairings for both the wings and tailplanes and reshape them and remove the wing/tail/tailplane fillets.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Ian, cheered me up heaps hearing that. :)

Steve.