Century Series gem! Trumpeter 1/48 F-100C Super Sabre

As a tribute to my recent trip to Seymour Johnson, and all the personnel past and present from there. I present to you a Hun from the 333rd, 9th FW, circa 1958. OOB, Super Scale decals.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 35

Some paint notes:

The bare metal section is all Alclad II. Magnesium, dark aluminum. And then just a whisk of some hot metal red, blue and purple. Then some hot metal sepia. After that I slightly weathered it with some Tamiya weathering makeup kits.

the exhaust was also Alclad, jet exhaust. My ref pic showed this jet had the retrofitted F-102  burner. 

The rest of the fuselage, (since it was a silver lacquer in the 1:1 jet) was decanted Tamiya TS-17. My fave for replicating that, and you see why. 

Edited by Habu12
  • Like 1

The artwork on the tail really makes this stand out. Then, you get to the details. Wow, the back end looks fantastic with all the Alclad blending together to make it look like the real deal. 

One question for the uneducated: what is the pole in front of the nose? Typically I’ve seen pitot tubes there, but this looks like something different? Maybe it’s just stowed?

Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RadMax8 said:

The artwork on the tail really makes this stand out. Then, you get to the details. Wow, the back end looks fantastic with all the Alclad blending together to make it look like the real deal. 

One question for the uneducated: what is the pole in front of the nose? Typically I’ve seen pitot tubes there, but this looks like something different? Maybe it’s just stowed?

Thanks for sharing!

You called it! It is indeed a stowed pitot tube.

Hey I’m not crazy! Makes sense for it to be foldable, I can see that causing some storage issues if it wasn’t!

Hockey fan and a Senna fan? I feel like we’d get along very well!🍻

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RadMax8 said:

Hey I’m not crazy! Makes sense for it to be foldable, I can see that causing some storage issues if it wasn’t!

Hockey fan and a Senna fan? I feel like we’d get along very well!🍻

Yup! My right arm sports a Senna S logo and a Stanley Cup logo with the Kings crown on top, where it belongs 😎

• Like 1