Revell 1/400 Titanic with PE

Evening all, just finnished my first ship (usually aircraft). During the build i got inspiration and tips from the site which helped me alot. I have 'in progress pics' which ill post later so others dont have to learn the hard way like me lol and might find some of the info helpfull. alot of the painting was airbrushed and the decks were coloured using a wash (which i stole off Youtube).

IMG_3259

IMG_3260

IMG_3262

IMG_3261

IMG_3221

The PE was Eduard off ebay for 15 quid. Some bits i would do different but we learn as we go!!

• Like 29

Really like the shaded painting on this, it adds a great deal of depth to the model. I too have the Revell kit in the stash and will be chuffed to get close to the finish you've achieved.

Absolutely fantastic 

I've just bought the minicraft one along with some PE and a wooden deck.

Went with the wooden deck as there is no way at the moment I could get mine to look anywhere near yours by painting.

could you tell us how you did it, I've sen a number of YouTube videos on this subject but just interested to know how you did it.

Once again great build 

Thanks for the comments, I’ve uploaded the steps I took in work in progress.  The funnels are Vallejo model air ochre I think and the decks were done using AK deck , AK dark brown enamel wash and the AK wood filter. Again thanks for the comments I’m glad you all like it. Also the method I used to paint the decks are on you tube. Type in Revell Titanic build and it will pop up, sorry I can’t provide the link but I’m working off my phone and can’t seem to do it.

Great job on this kit Stelangton!

Love the realistic look of the deck and the photo etched railings.

I ditched the masts on mine and made some brass ones but yours look straight and your rigging is spot on.

The fit on some parts of this kit is terrible and gave me no end of nightmares but as you’ve proved, with skill, care and attention to detail, it does build up into a great looking model.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 21:42, Stelangton said:

Thanks for the comments, I’ve uploaded the steps I took in work in progress.  The funnels are Vallejo model air ochre I think and the decks were done using AK deck , AK dark brown enamel wash and the AK wood filter. Again thanks for the comments I’m glad you all like it. Also the method I used to paint the decks are on you tube. Type in Revell Titanic build and it will pop up, sorry I can’t provide the link but I’m working off my phone and can’t seem to do it.

Thanks, I'll do a search