Loire 130Cl, SHM 2, Cat Lai, Saigon

Hi Russ,

this is an emblematic aircraft of the French Aeronavale and it is a splendid specimen of French inter-war technology!

I have had the 1/72 Azur kit for years, and it is such a daunting build, the kit is still untouched... So if your bigger, newer model was a slog, the smaller one must be hell.

Whatever, you have created a fantastic model and the diorama is nowhere near far-fetched.

Furthermore, the "trolleys" the 130s used on land were real monsters, so you chose well.

Congrats!

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

Hi Russ,

this is an emblematic aircraft of the French Aeronavale and it is a splendid specimen of French inter-war technology!

I have had the 1/72 Azur kit for years, and it is such a daunting build, the kit is still untouched... So if your bigger, newer model was a slog, the smaller one must be hell.

Whatever, you have created a fantastic model and the diorama is nowhere near far-fetched.

Furthermore, the "trolleys" the 130s used on land were real monsters, so you chose well.

Congrats!

JR

Thanks Jean for the reassuring words re the dio`, I did think about a beaching trolley but couldn`t find any pic`s. Glad you like it.

Cheers Russ

One more superb model you created here, Russ, in a very imaginative setting! It‘s a pleasure to look at.

Michael

• Like 1

Very nice indeed!B)

FalkEins had a blog post about the aircraft which has a few photos of the beaching trolley: LINK. I also found post on iModeler by a Greek chappie who'd scratchbuilt a trolley to go with his Azur kit: LINK.

Jean's right - the trolleys were chunky beasts!:blink:

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful job on this plane.  I picked this Kit up recently and it is waiting in the stash.  NIce to see how good it can look oob.  I wish it came with a dolly of some kind but what you have done looks great so I might do something like it as it looks the part.

• Like 1

Hi Russ, great job, if it was a nerve-wracking slog for you then it's going to be an epic nightmare for me....how compatible were the resin and injection moulded assemblies?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

That's a superb build of a great subject Russ it look's like a flying Bus stop but has a certain charm all the same,love it.

Hi Steve, a Bus stop is good 😀, I thought it looks like the Iron Chickens nest with wings.

Glad you like it cheers Russ

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Josh G said:

Hi Russ, great job, if it was a nerve-wracking slog for you then it's going to be an epic nightmare for me....how compatible were the resin and injection moulded assemblies?

Hi Josh, they weren`t too bad actually, there`s only the front and back of the engine, props spinner and some internal details to do. The pitots on top of the mast I broke several times before I slung them and made my own. It`s aligning the struts, floats, bomb racks and engine that I had difficulty with. Especially drilling and pinning the ends to make them more secure as I kept detaching the ones I`d already done when handling and fixing the next ones along.

Glad you like it, good luck with yours. Thanks Russ

• Thanks 1

A really unusual subject and so well done, brilliant.   Wonder if you might have put it on "water" like ship modellers do-- made from silicone I think

• Like 1

Very nice! This recalls me about that one in my stash... The airplane is very unique with pilot position in open cockpit and the front looks like a sight seeing boat...

Nice diorama as well.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

That's beautiful, Russ.  A fantastic metal finish.  I take it the kit was a bit of a horror so more power to your elbow.  Some people might find this aircraft a bit ug but personally I think it has a lot of charm.  Didn't the Aeronavale use the Walrus or Sea Otter post-War as well?  Would make a nice comparison. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

That's beautiful, Russ.  A fantastic metal finish.  I take it the kit was a bit of a horror so more power to your elbow.  Some people might find this aircraft a bit ug but personally I think it has a lot of charm.  Didn't the Aeronavale use the Walrus or Sea Otter post-War as well?  Would make a nice comparison. 

Thanks Meatbox, they definitely used the Sea Otter but not sure about the Walrus. I`m waiting for SH to bring out their Siebel Si-204 to see if I can make a French version. Going to do a couple of easier builds first though.

Cheers Russ 

• Like 1