Ki-51 Sonia by Wingsy Kits-Japanese "Shturmovik" in Italian camouflage-ready, 1/07

Hi comrades!

I got this beauty from Hannants two weeks ago. I'll start it immediately (just one day to finish the Canberra). Everything I need is in the box-brass and masks. Plastic looks fantastic! I have two reference books. And, yes, I choose the crazy camouflage...

02.jpg

00.jpg

Thanks for looking 

• Like 2

Hi comrades!

Work started!

Impressions so far are great!

Cockpit partly assembled and prepared for painting:

-parts needs some dry fit (as in all kits)

-kit contains two options - regular bomber (what I build) and flight school machine with pedals and stick in rear cockpit for the instructor. I removed unnecessary parts from aft cockpit floor and sidewall.

-from the full fuselage construction pre-check, I discovered that the cockpit assembly is to "fat" to close the fuselage- so I made deeper the places for  headrest etc. After this - everything looks much better.

001.jpg
002.jpg

003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg

Next stage-cockpit painting.

Thanks for looking

• Like 1

• cema_ga changed the title to Ki-51 Sonia by Wingsy Kits-Japanese "Shturmovik" in Italian camouflage

Hi comrades!

Cockpit finished, assembled and after some dry-fitting installed in fuselage.

015.jpg
016.jpg
017.jpg
018.jpg
020.jpg

After this, wing was assembled (attention in the area of landing lights - it's better to dry fit and trim the light's boxes in the height, other wise the wing will be complicated to assembly the wing) and added to the fuselage. Wing to fuselage gap exists, but it small and will be eliminated by acrylic putty. Forward part of the fuselage was widened a little with evergreen plastic. 

037.jpg
039.jpg
040.jpg
041.jpg

Next - more assembly, some putty and re-riveting and rescribing to restore the details

Thanks for looking!

• Like 5

Hi comrades!

Engine wired, assembled, painted, weathered and installed

052b.jpg
054.jpg

Main assembly finished, aircraft primed.

057.jpg
058.jpg
059.jpg
060.jpg
061.jpg

Now - windshield installation and painting. Most of the national insignia, stencils and unit markings will be painted

Edited by cema_ga
  • Like 4

• cema_ga changed the title to Ki-51 Sonia by Wingsy Kits-Japanese "Shturmovik" in Italian camouflage-update 19-06

Hi comrades!

Painted (need some repairs on white element of tail unit insignia) and mainly assembled. Exhausts drilled.

Next - clear coat and decals

070.jpg
072.jpg
073.jpg
074.jpg
077.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 3

• cema_ga changed the title to Ki-51 Sonia by Wingsy Kits-Japanese "Shturmovik" in Italian camouflage-painted, update 24-06

Hi comrades!

Decals applied (they are fantastic and reacted well to Gunze decal solutions), panel lines washed, scratches added, oil dots, stains, some assembly...

Today machine gun installed and canopy fixed.

And yes, this bomber is of the fighter size...

080.jpg
082.jpg
083.jpg

086.jpg
087.jpg
090.jpg
091.jpg
092.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 3

• cema_ga changed the title to Ki-51 Sonia by Wingsy Kits-Japanese "Shturmovik" in Italian camouflage-ready, 1/07

Finished! (minus wire and pitot)

It was fun to build!

I'll post better photos in RFI section

100.jpg
101.jpg
102.jpg
103.jpg
104.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 3