Tamiya 1/48 Beaufighter VIF

Ooo an Beaufighter!!! :wub: I've just acquired one of these, it'll be great to see one being built.

I'm sure there's a bucket load more of resin you could through at her!!! :D

On 04/06/2019 at 18:02, NickP said:

Now that is going to be nice.

Seeing the decals the Lizzie give me ideas. I see me going decal shopping!

Indeed. Never seen a Lysander with invasion stripes and like the look of that one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Stephen, did you use setting solution on those Blackbird decals? My usual setting solutions Microscale Industries Micro Set and Micro Sol aren't causing the decals to settle into the stringer areas. I also have Solvaset and Mr Softer, and am wondering if they're safe on Blackbird Decals.

A wee question, if I may. Why did you paint the central engine gear casing ( Part D14 ) grey? The instruction call for X-18 Semi-gloss Black, which is how the real casings were painted.

Chris

On 10/12/2019 at 5:58 PM, dnl42 said:

@Stephen, did you use setting solution on those Blackbird decals? My usual setting solutions Microscale Industries Micro Set and Micro Sol aren't causing the decals to settle into the stringer areas. I also have Solvaset and Mr Softer, and am wondering if they're safe on Blackbird Decals.

I use Klear/Future as the setting solution, the decals worked fine except for the wing roundels which crumpled up in water.

On 10/12/2019 at 6:17 PM, dogsbody said:

A wee question, if I may. Why did you paint the central engine gear casing ( Part D14 ) grey? The instruction call for X-18 Semi-gloss Black, which is how the real casings were painted.

Chris

An error on my part.

• Like 1