1/144 Authentic Airliners British Airways Vickers Viscount

Another beauty Ian, takes me back to the late 70's!

T he Sherpa van and power unit are perfect accompaniments, where did you get them?

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments everybody!

John the Sherpa is from PG Models

https://www.pg-models.co.uk/categories/light-vehicles/sherpa-van/

and the GPU from AIM available at Hannants

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GE144021

I painted The van white and printed decals for the blue doors and all the windows. I've just realised I haven't painted the headlights or indicators.

3 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Dammit, I thought that first photo was of the real thing!

That's exactly the effect I try to achieve, so thank you Joachim!

2 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

You certainly have a way of bringing these 1/144 airliners to life!

Cheers Terry, I think for me the Authentic Airliners window decals make the most difference.

33 minutes ago, russ c said:

Beautifully done and great little dio` too

Thanks Russ, it's nice to tell a little story with a model don't you think?

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Dammit, I thought that first photo was of the real thing!

Joachim

So did I Joachim.  Bloody sickening innit.  :wicked:

Nice one Ian.

Chris.

• Haha 2

Absolutely beautiful Viscount. The small stenciling and attention to detail that you add to your models really adds to their realism. Looks fantastic. Love the other birds too. HS-748's forever!

Edited by Hobo

Hi Ian. That's another fantastic addition to your Negus collection. I remember India Mike from Glasgow in the late 70s and early 80s. She had an interesting career and, of course, is now preserved in BAF colours at Brooklands. Her life story is here for anyone interested.

It's difficult to find any superlatives that haven't already been used. The diorama is so simple but so effective and realistic - the photos are nearly as good as the modelling. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful model.

Dave G

• Like 1

What can I say - excellent doesn‘t even start to describe it! Great scene, and wonderful execution. The Viscount was a lovely plane, very comfy and a great view from these large windows.

Err - if all fails, are they going to turn the airscrews by hand like in the olden times?? 😎

Excellent display and model. I like the scene. It reminds me on my trip to England on a DC10 after a stop over in Hawaii. We all had boarded the plane only to had a group on engines attack one of the engines with what sounded like a hammer. Made one a bit nervous as it was my first flight.

On 03/06/2019 at 22:46, Work In Progress said:

This model makes me happy.

Thank you! Making the world a better place, one airliner model at a time!

On 03/06/2019 at 22:58, keefr22 said:

Terrific modelling and photography Ian, like being back on the roof of the Queens Building!

Lovely work!

Keith

Thanks Keith, ah yes the Queens Building, many an hour spent watching the planes there! Funny thing is all the Viscounts meant nothing to me then, I wasn't interested in the 'boring old' prop planes. The folly of youth!

23 hours ago, gazza l said:

Brilliant model, those window decals look amazingly realistic.

Cheers Gazza,

I must say Authentic Airliners window decals have revolutionised my model making. I couldn't go back to the days of blank grey windows now!

22 hours ago, stringbag said:

Bloody sickening innit.  

Oh well you can't please everyone I suppose!:tease:

14 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

The diorama is so simple but so effective and realistic - the photos are nearly as good as the modelling

21 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A beautiful looking Viscount but the dio raises it to another level. Quite wonderful.  👍

Steve.

Thanks Steve and Dave, maybe I should post it in the Diorama section too:idea:

16 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

civilian not my scene, but l have to say that is superb in build and presentation, might have to give it a go!

Yes do it, there can never be too many civilian aircraft models! Perhaps you could build an air force transport aircraft for example.

15 hours ago, Hobo said:

Absolutely beautiful Viscount. The small stenciling and attention to detail that you add to your models really adds to their realism. Looks fantastic. Love the other birds too. HS-748's forever!

Thank you Hobo. I do like to add plenty of detail to really bring a model to life.

14 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Hi Ian. That's another fantastic addition to your Negus collection. I remember India Mike from Glasgow in the late 70s and early 80s. She had an interesting career and, of course, is now preserved in BAF colours at Brooklands. Her life story is here for anyone interested.

It's difficult to find any superlatives that haven't already been used. The diorama is so simple but so effective and realistic - the photos are nearly as good as the modelling. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful model.

Dave G

Cheers Dave, interesting life story thanks for the link.

Not many more Negus aircraft to add, just a 747 I think. Unless I start with all the sub-variants, I've got a Trident 1E nearly finished so I guess I already have!! Too many models not enough shelf space!

5 hours ago, Stromness said:

What can I say - excellent doesn‘t even start to describe it! Great scene, and wonderful execution. The Viscount was a lovely plane, very comfy and a great view from these large windows.

Thanks Stromness, I'd love to have seen the view out of those windows too!

5 hours ago, Stromness said:

Err - if all fails, are they going to turn the airscrews by hand like in the olden times?? 😎

Mmm did they ever do that with props that size? You'd have to jump out of the way pretty sharpish! Probably not allowed nowadays, health and safety!

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Excellent display and model. I like the scene. It reminds me on my trip to England on a DC10 after a stop over in Hawaii. We all the boarded the plane only to had a group on engines attack one of the engines with what sounded like a hammer. Made one a bit nervous as it was my first flight.

Thanks Greg, hey maybe it was a hammer, it's amazing what you can fix with a hammer and some duct tape!!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 3

what a cracking line up - all 3 look brilliant - very well done to you.

A great way to remember the good old days of aviation on the tarmac just off T1 at LHR

Keep Calm and Negus On

Wow, Ian...beautiful! I really love the diorama and photography...as was said before, its so simple, but highly effective, and draws attention to the airplane, not the diorama. Really love the detail, too. A fine work, indeed! 👏