The Yakovlev Yak-28 (Яковлев Як-28) was produced initially as a tactical bomber, it was also manufactured in reconnaissance, electronic warfare, interceptor and trainer versions, known by the NATO reporting names Brewer, Firebar, and Maestro respectively. Based on the Yak-129 prototype first flown on 5 March 1958, it began to enter service in 1960. Yak-28L (Izdeliye 28L; NATO reporting name: "Brewer-B") was a tactical bomber with ground-controlled targeting system using triangulation from ground-based transmitter sites. A total of 111 were built.

414230080.jpg
414230082.jpg
414230083.jpg

414230079.jpg
414230078.jpg
414230081.jpg

The build was a trial all the way. By comparison, Airfix kits are shake'n'bake. A six-footer at best.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I currently have 7 Amodel kits in the stash and they scare the living hell out of me! Well done on getting a result from such a feared manufacturer.

Great stuff.

Marc

• Thanks 1

I almost wished for a build thread on this, but I realize that might be akin to slowing down and gawking at the scene of a horrible traffic accident.  Glad to see the end result is something you can be proud of!

• Thanks 1

Great work there, Mate!

I am presently building Amodel's Beechcraft 1900C, so I know how their kits are a real test of skill and perseverance.

You've done a mighty job and the metal finish looks very realistic.

Well done!

:clap:

• Thanks 1