Mark's A-20G Havoc 'Joker'

Hi all,

I'm also in with the AMT/ERTL 1/48 Douglas A-20G Havoc as an aircraft named 'Joker' of the 410th Bomb Group/647th Bomber Squadron. I'll be doing the aircraft specific decals as home prints, the artwork for which is already underway.

47992711092_88b9dc1736_b.jpg

47992710967_5e4a7f6444_b.jpg

A fairly simple kit, but the plastic seems a little soft and the fuselage halves in particular are very bendy and will need to be treated carefully with the possible inclusion of some internal sections to avoid any twisting or distortion later in the build.

47992710842_d7440c391d_b.jpg

The kit cockpit isn't too bad but I spotted this Vector set at SWM last year so thought I'd give a full resin cockpit a go.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MarkSH said:

fairly simple kit, but the plastic seems a little soft and the fuselage halves in particular are very bendy and will need to be treated carefully with the possible inclusion of some internal sections to avoid any twisting or distortion later in the build.

Having built this kit a few years ago, add some form of edge bracing for the bomb bay doors if your leaving them closed. The kit only has four very minute tabs to hold a 4.5 x 1 piece of plastic in. Guess how i figured that out.🤬

• Like 1

Very interested in this one Mark as I have the same kit (in a Revell boxing) that I want to do, probably not for this GB due to time constraints and other commitments, which will be built as " Skonk Works " also from the 410th BG.

Not seen the Vector detail set before so really keen on seeing how that goes together.

• Like 1

I have a chair , and notepad ready (no idea why !) and as mentioned in another thread a bucket of Normandy's apple based drinks (shame our local supermarkets cannot complete with the cheese , bread  and fresh fish counters we enjoyed in Bayeux)  is ready to be consumed enjoying everyone builds - logistics for this GB is very important , no Gooseberries , Mulberry's or Pluto available in Durham over the next 3 months :) 

It will be interesting to see how your 1/48 version of the Havoc compares to my 1/72 MPM one. 

Edited by RJ-WobblyHands
  • Like 2