Greetings all,

I'm in with a fairly large ensemble, the Missus' has already expressed concerns over the eventual location of this lot!:

47992710392_d6ed56b2de_b.jpg

Revell's re-boxing of Italeri's LCM 3.

47992710787_f6943e6477_b.jpg

Its a big enough box to fit all this stuff inside as well.

47992710487_c1a7635541_b.jpg

The hull of the Boat with a Tamiya pot for scale.....I might be starting to share my Wife's concerns!

47992710612_0482ae3a54_b.jpg

It is a large model, but it also has some nicely rendered detail and a fair number of small parts.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 12

This looks fun :)  Boat, Tank , jeep and people - all my biggest modelling fears in 1 thread, I will be watching and learning , will it be the choppy waters of Omaha or gentle swell of Utah ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice choice Mark, I built the trumpter kit a few years back. Went together really well and floated in the bath, didn't go very well with my first attempt at water effect.

On 6/3/2019 at 8:51 PM, MarkSH said:

I'm in with a fairly large ensemble, the Missus' has already expressed concerns over the eventual location of this lot!:

47992710487_c1a7635541_b.jpg

The hull of the Boat with a Tamiya pot for scale.....I might be starting to share my Wife's concerns!

Just tell her if it come to the worst after the GB it an be a pot plant holder!!! :D

See clever excuses can lead to more model building!

Definitely  build to follow, in this scale it should look awesome!

Evening all,

First steps with the Landing craft, and I have started by adding more prominent welding seams with strip plastic, melting it with Tamiya extra thin and using an old pair of tweezers to create the welding bead effect. I have also marked up the hull sides and done some light scraping with a round scalpel to add a little more texture:

48014614601_47d465078f_b.jpg

A messy start with little to show but at least its underway!

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 6

Mate of mine built the Italeri issued one a while back - IIRC The Jeep and Trailer are fractionally too long to sit in the boat without the ramp being down.

IanJ 

6 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Mate of mine built the Italeri issued one a while back - IIRC The Jeep and Trailer are fractionally too long to sit in the boat without the ramp being down.

IanJ 

I will build the Jeep combo at some point but for this GB I'm intending to build the Sherman to sit in the LCM.

• Like 2