Anigrand 1/144 Gloster Javelin XA778

Hello mate Do you mind me asking if the 1:48 kit is the airfix example. If it is I was wondering how you went about converting the rear fuselage. If memory serves 778 was basically a Mk 2 with a Mk 7 rear fuselage and your model looks spot on. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Very interesting projects and they all look fantastic. Thank you for sharing. Your 1/144 bird looks incredible - I could never achieve that because my eyes would fail me!

23 hours ago, petetasker said:

Hello mate Do you mind me asking if the 1:48 kit is the airfix example. If it is I was wondering how you went about converting the rear fuselage. If memory serves 778 was basically a Mk 2 with a Mk 7 rear fuselage and your model looks spot on. Thanks in advance

Hello, not at all.

It is the Airfix kit but with the Alleycat conversion that's available for it. All 3 RAE Javelins are available in the conversion sets but I didn't want to attempt them so I had someone else build them for me :)

Dave

1 hour ago, wavodavo said:

Hello, not at all.

It is the Airfix kit but with the Alleycat conversion that's available for it. All 3 RAE Javelins are available in the conversion sets but I didn't want to attempt them so I had someone else build them for me :)

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave. I did a bit of browsing around today and discovered the Alley Cat conversions. Hadn't come across them before but I've now ordered one along with a couple of Meteor drone conversions and can't wait for them to arrive.

Thanks again

Pete

• 5 months later...