Tamiya 1/24 Morris Mini Cooper

This was my first proper build after many years away from models, and my first build using an airbrush.  The finish was supposed to be gloss but I had issues spraying Vallejo gloss from the airbrush.  I'm fairly happy with it, always open to constructive criticism.  As you can see, I wasn't going for historical accuracy and went with a blue/purple chameleon paint.  I printed the number plates my self on decal paper.  I chose this model because my wife loves early Mini's, hence the colour choice and her own private plates.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.

Paul

• Like 11

A classic Mini is good in any colour! The interior and engine look good as well. I find spraying Vallejo a challenge, I usually only brush paint with it. What paint did you use for base colour, also Vallejo? 

Thanks all.

Jeroen, I brush and airbrush with Vallejo model air, as its what my local hobby shop stocks and I like to support him as he always has time to give advice from experience.  I haven't really had any major issues with airbrushing Vallejo, but as i haven't used anything else I can't compare.  The darker colours tend to get tip dry more than lighter ones, but a piece of kitchen roll with a drop of airbrush cleaner sorts that.  With darker colours I add a few drops of Vallejo flow improver which helps a lot as well.  I use Vallejo primer, black or light grey depending on the top colour and the desired effect.

The GreenStuffWorld chameleon paints need to be sprayed over black base coat to make the colours pop the most.  A good top coat deepens the intensity too.

• Like 1

Nice job Got one to build myself. I must admit I take what I consider to be artistic license with my model colour's  I tend to think what will look good in my display

• Like 2