Revell 1/144 HMCS Snowberry

On 12/1/2019 at 7:25 PM, davepb said:

Hi Rob, thanks for that reply. I was aware of your build, in fact I have it on my Hard Drive as a reference! Anemone interested me because it was built at Blyth, but I'm more inclined towards HMS Burdock, which underwent similar rebuild, and was built in my hometown of Sunderland. I know several people have modelled her in a garish yellow camouflage, but the pictures in this reference https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/theflowerclasscorvetteforums/hms-burdock-new-photos-8-7-16-t606.html show a different camouflage. Any suggestions on colours?

Thanks for the suggestion, I do intend to start a Work in Progress.

Cheers

Dave

I'd probably be inclined to think that was either 507A over 507C, or MS2 over MS4A.

I think any yellow paint suggestions would need to be supported by a structured argument as to what, exactly, that paint was speculated to be.

In the shipcraft book on the Flower class it says that HMS Burdock and HMS Alisma had similar yellow and blue-white camouflage schemes for use in the South Atlantic in late 1941.

One other point HMS Burdock has the round radar lantern, I think the Revell 1/144th scale kit of Snowberry only has the octagaonal version. I've done 1 of these on my Shapeways shop -

https://www.shapeways.com/product/XB7YZZ8S8/144-round-radar-lantern?optionId=65003290

25 minutes ago, Niall said:

In the shipcraft book on the Flower class it says that HMS Burdock and HMS Alisma had similar yellow and blue-white camouflage schemes for use in the South Atlantic in late 1941

Again,

I'd be looking for some justification as to what, precisely, those paints are supposed to be and the root source of this information.

If the Shipcraft book is the root source then it's pure fabrication. More likely it's been copied from somewhere else - the question is "where"?