Can I Change My User Name?

Without closing my account and opening a new one, that is.

I know my user name is grammatically incorrect for German.  Das Abteilung should be Die Abteilung (The Unit - as in the TV series): I was badly advised.......................  But Die doesn't really work in English as part of a user name.  So I was thinking that perhaps I ought to get round to changing it.  But how?

42 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

PM a mod, or @Mike  as he can change user names, hence Martin Hale becoming Martian Hale.....

What he says.  It's generally a good plan to check if it's in use first, and even if you don't find your new name during a member search, offer up a 2nd choice anyway so we don't have to keep coming back to you :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

PM a mod, or @Mike  as he can change user names, hence Martin Hale becoming Martian Hale.....

Aaaaaaaaah.....!! I did wonder if that was the so called Mandela Effect in action. Berenstein, Berenstain, Martin, Martian.. Thanks for that - solved a year or two long minor mystery :)

38 minutes ago, Avgas said:

Aaaaaaaaah.....!! I did wonder if that was the so called Mandela Effect in action. Berenstein, Berenstain, Martin, Martian.. Thanks for that - solved a year or two long minor mystery :)

There's a short and not very interesting story behind that, and initially Martian tried to make out I'd done it as a mickey-take during his Haunebu phase, but he actually PMd me to make the request to be officially known a Martian, so he's had to stop playing the victim card now ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mike said:

There's a short and not very interesting story behind that, and initially Martian tried to make out I'd done it as a mickey-take during his Haunebu phase, but he actually PMd me to make the request to be officially known a Martian, so he's had to stop playing the victim card now ;)

Interesting back story, thanks. That's not one, but two things I've learned today - I'll call it a success :)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Avgas said:

I'll call it a success :)

...but what useful information has it pushed out of your memory? That's the worrying part :frantic:

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2019 at 20:02, Das Abteilung said:

Without closing my account and opening a new one, that is.

I know my user name is grammatically incorrect for German.  Das Abteilung should be Die Abteilung (The Unit - as in the TV series): I was badly advised.......................  But Die doesn't really work in English as part of a user name.  So I was thinking that perhaps I ought to get round to changing it.  But how?

Did you want it changing?

On 6/11/2019 at 11:26 PM, Julien said:

Did you want it changing?

Apologies for satellite delay in reply.  Yes I guess I do.  My question was can I do it myself.  From the response I presume not.  If you need to do it for me then I'd think of a new handle and PM you.  It will make the older threads confusing.........

6 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

Apologies for satellite delay in reply.  Yes I guess I do.  My question was can I do it myself.  From the response I presume not.  If you need to do it for me then I'd think of a new handle and PM you.  It will make the older threads confusing.........

Hi,

yes its only a MOD thing to change the name, or as you said it could become confusing if people change all the time,

If/when you want to change just let us know,

Thx

Julien