Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Das Abteilung

Can I Change My User Name?

Recommended Posts

Without closing my account and opening a new one, that is.

 

I know my user name is grammatically incorrect for German.  Das Abteilung should be Die Abteilung (The Unit - as in the TV series): I was badly advised.......................  But Die doesn't really work in English as part of a user name.  So I was thinking that perhaps I ought to get round to changing it.  But how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PM a mod, or @Mike  as he can change user names, hence Martin Hale becoming Martian Hale.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

PM a mod, or @Mike  as he can change user names, hence Martin Hale becoming Martian Hale.....

What he says.  It's generally a good plan to check if it's in use first, and even if you don't find your new name during a member search, offer up a 2nd choice anyway so we don't have to keep coming back to you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

PM a mod, or @Mike  as he can change user names, hence Martin Hale becoming Martian Hale.....

Aaaaaaaaah.....!! I did wonder if that was the so called Mandela Effect in action. Berenstein, Berenstain, Martin, Martian.. Thanks for that - solved a year or two long minor mystery :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Avgas said:

Aaaaaaaaah.....!! I did wonder if that was the so called Mandela Effect in action. Berenstein, Berenstain, Martin, Martian.. Thanks for that - solved a year or two long minor mystery :)

There's a short and not very interesting story behind that, and initially Martian tried to make out I'd done it as a mickey-take during his Haunebu phase, but he actually PMd me to make the request to be officially known a Martian, so he's had to stop playing the victim card now ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike said:

There's a short and not very interesting story behind that, and initially Martian tried to make out I'd done it as a mickey-take during his Haunebu phase, but he actually PMd me to make the request to be officially known a Martian, so he's had to stop playing the victim card now ;)

Interesting back story, thanks. That's not one, but two things I've learned today - I'll call it a success :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Avgas said:

I'll call it a success :)

...but what useful information has it pushed out of your memory? That's the worrying part :frantic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/06/2019 at 20:02, Das Abteilung said:

Without closing my account and opening a new one, that is.

 

I know my user name is grammatically incorrect for German.  Das Abteilung should be Die Abteilung (The Unit - as in the TV series): I was badly advised.......................  But Die doesn't really work in English as part of a user name.  So I was thinking that perhaps I ought to get round to changing it.  But how?

Did you want it changing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 11:26 PM, Julien said:

Did you want it changing?

Apologies for satellite delay in reply.  Yes I guess I do.  My question was can I do it myself.  From the response I presume not.  If you need to do it for me then I'd think of a new handle and PM you.  It will make the older threads confusing.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

Apologies for satellite delay in reply.  Yes I guess I do.  My question was can I do it myself.  From the response I presume not.  If you need to do it for me then I'd think of a new handle and PM you.  It will make the older threads confusing.........

Hi,

 

yes its only a MOD thing to change the name, or as you said it could become confusing if people change all the time,

 

If/when you want to change just let us know,

 

Thx

 

Julien

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...