Polish Fokker E.v /DVIII 1919 (100 years ago!!!)

Another little gem complete dthis afternoon with the sun shining and in to my shed.

Arma Hobby Fokker E.V from the box. Cracking little kit and gorgeous decals that fit everywhere perfectly!!!  Tricky getting the struts right but persevered with this result. Quite apt as the details on the box about my chosen subject are in tune with the date 100 years ago so its a kind of tribute.

My only gripe being that there could/ should have been decals for the red white rudder and lower surface of the elevators which I dealt with using paint and white decal segments.  Other than that its cute and very small for a 1/72nd model.

Ely54A.jpg

GixneC.jpg

eWklS1.jpg

T1AhxW.jpg

5GvHDN.jpg

hNQtK5.jpg

224GZn.jpg

gJSFWh.jpg

8S4ZVX.jpg

GBY72X.jpg

iKy34k.jpg

8prdUS.jpg

• Like 17

Just noticed something. The wing chessboard markings are not symmetrical but are applied as per kit directions An anomaly of the time maybe???

I just want to do another.....

It was delivered in standard markings but not flown much as there were problems with the engine. During this time, probably April 1919, the marking were amended to the wrap-around form of the chessboards. When photographed on 3rd May the aircraft featured the tilde emblem similiar to Stec's 001 but a mirror image. Later it was altered to the infinity sign, perhaps because the two aircraft were easily confused with each other.

BTW, Model Maker Decals intend to release a sheet (in three scales) for all the Polish E.Vs which inclued the red/white bits for the tail.

Edited by 303sqn
  • Like 1