1/72 Canadian rocket pencil

Lifeline

Hi,

I'm going in with Hasegawa 1/72 F-104 Starfighter. 

Like I mentioned in the GB Chat, this is not a favorite aircraft for me. And other modeller friends of mine would just giving me weird looks for saying that...

So probably this built will make me 'love' it more 

This was the start, around a week ago before I pack it and depart with me for my workplace.

286uzdh.jpg

Paint all the cockpit area with Mr.Color H370 as per instructions sheet

Didn't have the mood to post, or start the build until 2 days ago and able to paint and built the cockpit, scratch a simple throttle, paint it, followed with wash and drybrushed both using tamiya enamel.

ri9cma.jpg

15f53p.jpg

2 fishing ballast glued with epoxy resin is enough right?

2wef0xj.jpg

So... To build the CAF version, Hasegawa instructed to cut off 2 of the 3 blade antenna on front of the nose landing gear well.

2w2gem9.jpg

But, seeing the fitting between the halves (and the CAF sure have a shiny Starfighter...which means smooth surface). I planned to cut all of the antenna for ease of sanding later and re-attach it near the end of the build.

Any idea... Or pointers maybe?

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 3

A bit progress...

did a sub assembly for several small parts

20190601-212626.jpg

also did the mid-to-tail parts, and glue it to the front assembly

20190603-211337.jpg

20190603-211346.jpg

I decide to cut all the antenna below the nose to ease the coming filling and sanding, which judging from the fitting will be a lot, since I'm going to after the NMF finish:fingerscrossed:

Cheers,

Mario

Edited by Lifeline
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates.

Everything still runs okay-ish.. I realized that I should've install the landing strut before finishing the wheel well..😩

20190620-000303.jpg

Fortunately, I was able to fix it, and decided to go fast and attached both wings and have it primered with Mr.Hobby black primer followed with a coat of super clear as soonest it cured.

20190629-122942.jpg

20190629-125133.jpg 

First coat of AK Extreme Metal Polished aluminum and followed by a couple more..

20190630-191652.jpg

20190630-192240.jpg

Shiny enough?

PS:

I took the jump and masked the polished metal paint and add some variation of the metal..

20190701-234841.jpg

Cheers,

Mario

Edited by Lifeline
Fix the posted pictures... Add some updates
  • Like 1

Hi, 

I knew something doesn't look right....

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Maybe but not BIG enough! ;). Your images are tiny, my friend.

Martin

Thanks for the heads-up Martin. I just switched fr tinypic to postimage for my image hosting site, so I'm still getting used to it...

So here's the CF-104 updates so far..

20190702-094752.jpg

I masked the polished metal and add variation to the aft area using duraliminium, and pale burtn metal, also painted the nose anti glare and the intake lips.

I'm surprised I didn't have too much problem with masking the polished metal finish. 

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 4