1/48 Eduard Spitfire Mk. IXe

Hey all,

Here's my latest build, the Eduard Spitfire IXe, and what a beautiful kit it is too! I've finished this one to represent a Norwegian Air-frame from September 1945 using the very nice Vingtor Decals. The kit itself is the weekend edition boxing and came with markings for a single Czech aircraft, however I didn't fancy the scheme much and thus went with Vingtor, who supplied this rather nice scheme with Norwegian-style tail flashes and spinner. What is of note is that the Weekend edition kit in this instance lacked any sort of stencilling which to be perfectly honest wasn't a problem for me as I found it quite nice just to get the major bits on then go from there! Overall this was a fun, quick and easy build with some stunning detail coming right out of the box, to finish it off I just added some of Eduard's STEEL seatbelts.

DSC-0002.jpg

DSC-0003.jpg

DSC-0005.jpg

DSC-0007.jpg

Thanks for Looking! 😄 (and sorry about the quality of the pics!! 😛)

Sam

• Like 24

It is a very nice model. 

Only one quibble: The antenna. I would be surprised if a Mk.IX in 1945 has a wire up there. I believe that it would be wise to remove it. 

• Like 1

It is quite nice indeed! 🍺  But I would agree with NPL regarding the antenna.   I had one on my Monogram Mk IX too and then removed it after a bit more research.  That wire doesn't diminish your build however and would only enhance it's authenticity if removed.  That is, unless some Mk IXs did carry an antenna wire like that.  In that case, never mind! 😀

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

It is quite nice indeed! 🍺  But I would agree with NPL regarding the antenna.   I had one on my Monogram Mk IX too and then removed it after a bit more research.  That wire doesn't diminish your build however and would only enhance it's authenticity if removed.  That is, unless some Mk IXs did carry an antenna wire like that.  In that case, never mind! 😀

It would depend on what type of radio was installed. I would assume a UHF radio, in which case the antenna fit inside the antenna mast and did not need the long wire.

• Like 1