While I wait for some surplys I started another smaller junk project, using some tank parts, a spray can lid, flashing  kids toy parts and arms from a Haro ball, this should end up looking a bit like a retro robot with its clear dome head and flashing led brain... We will see once it's all put together. 

IMG-20190607-062818.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4

Trawling the tinternet for references as you do when your supposed to me working and came across this site and build. I just had to share it here as one of the best thing I have ever seen, absolutely brilliant! 

http://brassgoggles.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,33038.550.html

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DalekCheese said:

That tree needs a little koala in it...

Maybe a pink one.... 

Happy with how the tree looks just want to some roots running across the surface and I will blacken the ground a bit more before adding some grey and purple washes. 

IMG-20190608-090329.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DalekCheese said:

That tree needs a little koala in it...

Or a drop bear 🐨

1 hour ago, rockpopandchips said:

Questions of the day, if I do the hair spray and salt chipping, can I used lacquer paint for my top coat?

You might struggle to shift lacquers over hairspray unless it's a really light misted coat. Even then it may not chip very well. I tend to stick with acrylics for HS chipping, and thin them with water, rather than a proprietary thinner, to make the chipping process as easy as possible.

You might get away with lacquers for salt chipping, but the paint might just glue the salt in place and make it very hard to remove without doing damage to the model.

Love the build so far

Andy:cat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

You might struggle to shift lacquers over hairspray

Cheers Andy, that's what I thought but best to have it confirmed. 

Going to attempt to mix some nice pastel colours using my Vallejo game colours then. 

• Like 1

On 07/06/2019 at 02:10, rockpopandchips said:

While I wait for some surplys I started another smaller junk project, using some tank parts, a spray can lid, flashing  kids toy parts and arms from a Haro ball, this should end up looking a bit like a retro robot with its clear dome head and flashing led brain... We will see once it's all put together. 

IMG-20190607-062818.jpg

Hmm.

That really makes me think about these gadgets:

latest?cb=20110801195124

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So a few more small things started, base coat on the ball done ready now for it colour top coat, made a start filling the ponds and made a possible addition to one of the ponds, a snake. I will paint him first and the final decision if he will be included. 

IMG-20190616-100442.jpg
IMG-20190615-211833.jpg
IMG-20190613-072006.jpg

• Like 5