19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I like it ! 👍🏻 .... Automaton or human operated ? The only reason i ask is i don't see a door for an driver/crew mounting or dismounting ? 

I'm not sure at the moment I will see were the rest of the build goes now.... 

18 hours ago, Tank1812 said:

And here I thought it was going to be a MiniArt ball tank but no, I think so much better. 

Thanks. 

Made a start on the track cover once finished I will add some greeblies. 

IMG-20190601-195603.jpg

• Like 3

After a bit of halfords best it's starting to look something like I had in my head. 

IMG-20190602-091828.jpg

I have noticed the track is not on perfectly straight but once I mount the tank at a angle on a base it shouldn't be a problem. 

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 11

Those little blemishes on the main "ball" make it look like it's cast steel - perhaps add a few weld-beads could be added here & there?  One would hide the slight glue overflow on the "kugelblende" or whatever the little dome on the front is.  The paint has brought it together well, hiding all those disparate colours.  As Steve says, proper old-skool modelling ^_^

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

perhaps add a few weld-beads could be added here & there?

Now that is an idea I might just try, not something I had considered doing as I was going to sand the glue down but making weld lines sounds much more fun. 

Cheers Brian. 

1 minute ago, rockpopandchips said:

Now that is an idea I might just try, not something I had considered doing as I was going to sand the glue down but making weld lines sounds much more fun. 

Cheers Brian. 

There's a couple of techniques you could try.  The first one is rolling out a thin bead of putty, such as Milliput, squash it into place and then attack it with a blade to make it look like weld blobbing, or you could pick up some of Mirage Hobby's copper weld-beads, which are available in different sizes.  I did a review of them some while ago, and they look really good in place :)

• Thanks 1

At what point do you intend to insert the Hamster?

Another weld line method. Stretched sprue, wet with TET and then squidge (lovely word) with the edge of a scalpel blade or similar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

My attempt at welding lines, it's a lot easier is a straight line trust me, anyway I'm OK with my efforts. Now thinking I might have to add a bit more texture to the main ball now....? 

IMG-20190603-220621.jpg

I ha a slab of foam ready to cut into a diorama as well and I'm thinking full on scifi punk with pink and yellow camo for the tank and purple grass..... 

• Like 6

Nice! Its looking cool, the welds are a nice detail

Just my 2 cents, my technique for welds is fine sausages of greenstuff then press it with a sculpt tool for the texture, its a bit sticky so I find it easier to position and reposition if needed

• Like 1

While I ponder over paint colours for the tank I have made a start on the base. I picked up a bit of Kingspan from some local builders the other so thought I might as well put it to use. I have orded 2 1/35 odd looking resin figure in gasmasks and overall as well as some blue and purple static grass. The plan is either a red or black ground over with blue grass clumps and a black and purple tree/Bush.

The only thing to sort out in my head is the painting of the tank so if you have any suggestions please let's here them, no army green or grey allowed. 

Cheers Brian. 

IMG-20190604-183246.jpg
IMG-20190604-181830.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, rockpopandchips said:

The only thing to sort out in my head is the painting of the tank so if you have any suggestions please let's here them, no army green or grey allowed.

Dark red with a tan or a yellow random pattern or Blue with Red geometric patterns. Easy to cut odd squares, rectangles, and triangles out of tape.  Seeing as this is an alien world ? Alien camouflage works. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Dark red with a tan or a yellow random pattern or Blue with Red geometric patterns. Easy to cut odd squares, rectangles, and triangles out of tape.  Seeing as this is an alien world ? Alien camouflage works. 

I like it, I do have a urge to try pink...... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I remember once seeing a WW2 photo of a bomber (a Liberator, methinks...) silver basecoat with multicoloured circles over the top. No doubt someone here knows what I am talking about. No, that’s probably a bit silly. But I would say that it should have some sort of ‘nose-art’ like that on WW2 planes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DalekCheese said:

I remember once seeing a WW2 photo of a bomber (a Liberator, methinks...) silver basecoat with multicoloured circles over the top. No doubt someone here knows what I am talking about. No, that’s probably a bit silly. But I would say that it should have some sort of ‘nose-art’ like that on WW2 planes.

Formation aircraft so that a squadron could form up together, before joining the bomber stream heading to Germany. Every heavy bomber unit of the USAAF had one, they used older war weary B-17's and B-24's. Not sure if the medium bomber units used formation ships ? Never have seen anything indicating they did use them. 

• Thanks 1