2nd Platoon, Brecourt Manor 1944 +++ Finished+++

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ozzy. Fantastic progress. I love all the little details you are adding. And you’re right - that Ammo Mig grass mat looks superb. Going to have to see if I can get some of that! Looking forward to seeing more.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s, there’s a few in the range you get a rectangle of  13x23cm.  My next step is to find a large bandage to make the cam net for over the Gun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

Ozzy, your gun pit is coming along very well.

I like the grass mat with all those yellow flowers, very appropriate for a summer meadow.

Thanks Robert,

i’m Really pleased with the bits of tin roof and the way the Gun pit is taking shape, I’ve got a few bits to put in there weapons, empty cartridge cases and she’ll creates.

• Like 1

Not it much to report, I've been doing little bits and bobs. I've painted the ammunition from AFV clubs set, I also picked up a brass set of cartradge cases also from AFV club. I have also washed the troops initially with a watered down black then with Mig pigments European dust.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

I like that ozzy ,plenty going on ,nice scene that

Thanks Glynn,

if had kept the scene on the round base, it would have looked to crowed. I'm glad I moved it to a rectangular base, to be able to tell a more complete story.

1 hour ago, Parabat said:

That is looking great, some nice little details that you've paid attention to.

Thanks Parabat,

ive got a bit more detail to add I feel a bit like that Bruce Compton chap, from Combat Dealers looking through the spares box for bits and bobs to add a little clutter.

I got everything stuck down today, ammo creates, empty cartradge cases, end caps and some rifles for the remaining crew. As I couldn't find a bandage of the right fabric, I've ordered a couple of the FOG brown cam nets. I will stitch them together before attaching them to the poles.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Hello Ozzy ... Great work on the whole project so far. I was curious if the crew is glued down as well ? If not id flip/flop the mop soldier and the loader. It makes more sense visually to have the mop straight to the barrel. The loader would be better offset to the left of the gun. Thats just my :2c: worth and if you don't like tell me to take a long hike of a short pier. 

Dennis

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Ozzy ... Great work on the whole project so far. I was curious if the crew is glued down as well ? If not id flip/flop the mop soldier and the loader. It makes more sense visually to have the mop straight to the barrel. The loader would be better offset to the left of the gun. Thats just my :2c: worth and if you don't like tell me to take a long hike of a short pier. 

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

under normal circumstances I would agree, with the cack handedness of the rear of the Gun. I was trying to add a little confusion to proceedings, with 2 of the crew at the front giving suppressing fire. The remaining crew members are double tapping roles, so that’s why I’ve not laid them out in a traditional configuration.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Fantastic progress Ozzy. All your added detail really brings it to life. :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

the scene is coming together nicely just Waiting for a cam net, while I'm waiting I started on the Tram I brought at the Salisbury show. It comes with a number of figures, somthing different to the normal field grey.

image.jpg

• Like 4

Sorted the cam net today, not that happy with the join in the middle I may do a re-jig but I'm fairly content with everything else.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks Avereda,

its taking shape nicely, I got to try the cutting discs on my dremel today on the brass cam poles. I've picked up some balsa wood today to go around the sides, nearly done.

Aye up Ozzy.

Great work on this and you've captured the look and feel of that particular scene from Band Of Brother really well. Lots of detail and interest. Top job mate! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Steve

🇬🇧

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Ozzy.

Great work on this and you've captured the look and feel of that particular scene from Band Of Brother really well. Lots of detail and interest. Top job mate! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Steve

🇬🇧

Thanks Steve, 

its turning out really well, I’m so glad I found some wall insulation in the DIY store. I’ve been planning this build for a while now, so had plenty of time to watch my only real reference over and over again. As the chap that now owns the manor won’t let sight seers into the field.

• Like 1

Calling this one finish, just got to workout which pictures to put in the gallery. Thanks @Robert Stuart for steering the GB in the right direction, thanks to everyone else who has popped in to take a look.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Looks good Ozzy, I see it in the gallery too :)

That's a good buld, a bit different to most

Thanks Robert,

somthing I've been planning for a while, when I found the Gun while I was in America last year that was the clincher. Otherwise it would have been a Tasca Firefly IC in a sunken road.

• Like 1

Utterly superb result Ozzy. One of you best scenes so far!! You attention to the details means you have really captured the atmosphere of the moment. Great modelling!! Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Utterly superb result Ozzy. One of you best scenes so far!! You attention to the details means you have really captured the atmosphere of the moment. Great modelling!! Very well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix’s,

i had to up up my game to do justice to the trees, It’s surprising how quick it all comes together when there’s no armour to build.

52 minutes ago, Lawzer said:

That is superb! 👍

Cheers Lawzer, thanks for stopping by.