1\8 comet MK1 movie dalek

Since the forum changeover or I didn't post it it's disappeared so I am reposting it.

The metallic blue was done by using silver bottom coat followed by a clear blue top coat and this was another ticked off from my bucket list.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

Very nice. I always felt (as an 8 year old) that the claw was more practical, but somehow the plunger is still more menacing.

One of the Dalek geeks can probably answer this, but I heard the original dome lights were indicator lights from a Morris Minor (or similar), but the movie version used translucent breakers from the studio canteen?

• Like 1

On 31/05/2019 at 17:38, John_W said:

Dalek geeks

Somebody say my name? Ok... :popcorn:

the lights were originally (early 60s), ping-pong balls with a little light inside. Then, (late 60s) they were made from small eggcups sprayed yellow-orange with a light inside. Now we get to what you’re talking about. Through the 70s and early 80s, they were lights used on old minis/ land rovers. Late 80s, they were off-the-shelf replacements that looked similar to the mini lights or specially made light housings. On the movie daleks, they were made from beakers, however they are more likely to have been bought specially for them. Now, there is one person selling them-for use on daleks-made from moulds taken from one of these beakers found in Canada (the last of it’s kind?!). *deep breath* 

that at answer your question? :P 

But those are some lovely models...  ow you just need to track down a Sevans!

Edited by DalekCheese
  • Haha 1

On 01/06/2019 at 17:59, DalekCheese said:

you just need to track down a Sevans

I do have a Sevan's movie but once again after the forum change over its disappeared so I will repost it sometime today.