My 1st build for this GB will be MPM's 1/72 A-20G 'D-Day Havocs' boxing, this fit nicely with my Primary Theme for 1/72 Aircraft , WW2 US aircraft based in Essex, all 4 options in the kit , 2 from 410th BG , 2 from 416th BG were based in Essex between original deployment March 1944 and  August/Sept  1944 when they moved to forward bases in Normandy.

Src5ZCw.jpg

And for the Sprue shot  complete with PE included in the kit (this will be fun !) 

WOn5Mfu.jpg

NX6C29K.jpg

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

this fit nicely with my Primary Theme for 1/72 Aircraft , WW2 US aircraft based in Essex,

I will follow this one with interest as I am also building up a collection around the same theme. Depending on my progress in the Frog GB and the railway wagons in this GB I will try to add to my collection through a suitable build in here.

32 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

RJ, the Havoc is a good.

Totally off topic, I think MPM have made some beautiful sprues there - I hope the kit is as nice.

Yes the plastic feels nice and hard with some fine recessed detail, I was expecting it more like an AZmodel / Airfix softer plastic , I will take a couple of close ups tomorrow 

• Like 1

I have made a start - painting the cockpit 'Heinz' Interior Green ( every time I mix  Yellow-Green and Black it comes out a slightly different shade  :)  ) , 1st PE parts added are the rudder pedals , now to start work with the rest of the cockpit PE - this will be fun big hands small PE parts ! 

KjiEHHZ.jpg

VFvmLnW.jpg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, RJ-WobblyHands said:

every time I mix  Yellow-Green and Black it comes out a slightly different shade  

It will do.

I remember a conversation, years back now, with a guy who worked on (civil) aircraft maintainence. He was complaining that model colours were too consistent, because, as part of his job, he had to mix interior colours, and they never came out the same either.

• 3 weeks later...

Being really bad I forgot to take some pictures of the cockpit with PE before attaching to the fuselage, anyway here she is the final pictures before everything is buttoned up

hyvARIT.jpg?1

ypgjUOW.jpg

MafYAFx.jpg

• Like 4