1/72 Ford Trimotor

Highly unlikely at this point. Would be expensive to tool with all that surface detail and unlike a Ju52, not majority military use to support sales. The Airfix kit is quite good and apart from the clear parts is a very sound basis. One of their better kits from that era and still holds up pretty well.

• Like 1

There's 6 on ebay at the moment. Overpriced, mind you, but anyone who pays too much for kits is a fool, and you know what they say about fools and money.

A new one would be nice, but realistically, how many would sell?

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 4:35 AM, Mike Esposito said:

Really!??? The kit is extremely rare and cost about 100 usd for a 50 year old kit! 🙄

Really? I found one on Evilbay for about $25 Australian. Could be us Antipodians just don't know the value of a good kit.😄

DennisTheBear

Edited by DennisTheBear
Spelling
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rob G said:

There's 6 on ebay at the moment. Overpriced, mind you, but anyone who pays too much for kits is a fool, and you know what they say about fools and money.

A new one would be nice, but realistically, how many would sell?

I agree. Just seems wrong that I can buy at least 3 new tool p-51s or Spits or bf-109s. 

There are some incredible overlooked subjects not kitted at all, or with ancient toolings........darn shame!😥

Edited by Mike Esposito

Fret ye not, I have this kit somewhere in the stash. I can't promise I can find it but if I can I am sure we can come to some sort of arrangement.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1

On 03/06/2019 at 12:35, Mike Esposito said:

Really!??? The kit is extremely rare and cost about 100 usd for a 50 year old kit! 🙄

Really? I've got two in the stash. Mind you, there is only one complete set of clear parts between them. Both kits only have one set of side windows. That's why I bought a second kit.

48026718261_a4ddca4d37_b.jpg

Chris

Thanks Guys. I see one e on Ebay. But I may wait for a re-issue. 

Now looking at the Fly Caproni Ca.101. More modern tooling.

Was also looking at the Valom Fokker f.vii Josephine Ford.. but I want the Byrd version with skis which cannot be found😥

Edited by Mike Esposito

23 minutes ago, Mike Esposito said:

Now looking at the Fly Caproni Ca.101. More modern tooling.

Was also looking at the Valom Fokker f.vii Josephine Ford.. but I want the Byrd version with skis which cannot be found😥

Valom Josephine Ford was proposed at one time, but then they must have realised it was an F-VIIa/3m with short wing, not the common F-VIIb/3m with long wing they have kitted.  It would have required a new wing tooling just for that, so not surprised it was shelved. Valom Fokker kit is fairly rough (although more accurate than ancient Frog/Novo kit) and needs much work on the details, imo. 

Fly Ca.101 may be 'modern tooling', but it's another limited -run kit just like the Valom Fokker, with the various difficulties that implies. It's on ok kit, but plenty of work.  The Airfix Ford is a much easier kit to make, as it's a mainstream injection-moulded kit, if that's what you want.

• Like 1