"At this hour Lie at my mercy all mine enemies !"

Just now, Robert Stuart said:

You may not be liking the gear Dennis, but it looks good from here

Thank you... i braced the one side that seemed like it was to wobbly. I used a sliver of plastic strip to shim it in the gear bay so it is invisible. Looking at the model I know it seems as if I've gone and forgotten about the yellow leading edges. However they will be painted on today or tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are gonna paint the leading edges, jeez, will you need to mask most of the model or you going to hand paint it? It’s yellow leading edges that put me off RAF WWII stuff, decals, painting it never looks good, this however is looking great, love the invasion stripes on the gear doors, very smart 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

You are gonna paint the leading edges, jeez, will you need to mask most of the model 

Not really, i mask the stripes off and dry-brush yellow on. When thats dry i use PlaStix's technique to brush very light layers of yellow on to the leading edge. Its seems complicated but is easier than decals to get right in my view. Decals don't like conforming to the compound curves of leading edges. And a full mask isn't worth it for airbrushing this little amount of paint. 

• Like 2

Hello everyone... Im calling this one done. Questions, comments, and or thoughts. Please look for photos in the Gallery and a future posting in the Aviation RFI. 8L9XmLx.jpg

rOyP2iE.jpg

wVckNsZ.jpg

Link to the RFI. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 5

Well done Dennis, but I may take you up on your offer on "comments, or thoughts".

- To me, the aircraft looks too shiny. The D-day markings are in most cases a flat paint and the rest of the airframe maybe satin at best.

- I am with TEMPESTMK5 on the Squadron marking, they appeared much later and I can't see it on this picture.

spacer.png

The only thing I see is a stencil above the fin flash.

- Am I right in saying you airbrushed the camouflage? If so, be careful and don't flood the paint which results in the ridges you have on your wings where the paint pooled against the masking tape (beneath the roundels). Use several light coats instead and you don't get this ridges.

I hope you don't mind me commenting on these points.

Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Basilisk said:

To me, the aircraft looks too shiny.

I agree but I'm currently out of Matt coat, i wont have any $ until my b-day budget infusion in august. Id rather call it done than it sit here for 3-4 weeks getting dusty. I will Matt it out when i can.

I still personally think the crest was airbrushed out ? I may be wrong but will leave it there.  I can see your side of the issue though and it maybe just an issue with the paint on the plane. And yes i was airbrushing & having issues with paint so  i will keep an eye on that. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2